No announcement yet.

2019 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone notice more shooting this past weekend than previous Thanksgiving weekends with does being "available"? I'd love to put some meat in the freezer, but I haven't seen enough does to justify taking any. The most I've seen in one sit is five or six.

Comment

2019 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
      Did anyone notice more shooting this past weekend than previous Thanksgiving weekends with does being "available"? I'd love to put some meat in the freezer, but I haven't seen enough does to justify taking any. The most I've seen in one sit is five or six.

Lot of shooting, but it looked to me like my neighbors were having a kick n shoot. That or they got all dressed up to shoot skeet. Not real sure.

Would be really nice to know whats been killed in the area though. As we dont have any of our mature bucks on camera from Wednesday afternoon on. Hoping all the traffic pushed them into the woods and theyre in hiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post

I heard one shot all weekend in our part of Lavaca Co. It was hot, and didn’t see much action on Friday or Saturday. I’m sure some does were killed, but I would be curious to see how many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn’t hear shooting in Fayette or Colorado county. Watched 16 does without a care in the world last night. I think we’ll manage a deer season in 2020.

Comment

I sat 4 times this weekend. Never heard a shot

Comment

Sat 3 days during the doe days. Shot twice (bobcat and a hog) and didn't see a single doe. Had bucks chasing does at the beginning of last week

Comment

Lots of Deer Movement But, Still A No Show On any Old Bucks I have Been looking to Show Back up All Season. On A Good note All My Middle Age Bucks Have Showed Back up Alive and Well So far. One of the Worse Seasons We Have Had on Bucks in a Lonfg Time

Does Sightings Seem to Be Higher than Normal Though

Comment

All of the bucks we had been seeing plus one or two more showed back up last week. Pretty much all deer activity on cams is at night. We don’t have many oaks and they are hammering acorns for most of their meals right now. I would say its rather slow around here due to that.

Comment

How has it been for everybody lately? Pretty quiet around here. Most pics are nighttime and the only time we really see deer is at first and last light of the day. Unless im looking under my neighbors oak tree, then we see deer often! Lol Last round of cams the bucks were mia again, continually see new young bucks though. Which is interesting. More bucks around here than I realized. Just most are 1-2 yr olds.

Comment

DEAD around here.

Comment

I haven't hunted much recently, but I've had bucks & does on camera working a scrape/licking branch the last few weeks. On the 21st (December) two of the bucks were fighting. I'm sure it's been happening all season, but I just moved the camera to watch the scrape a few weeks ago.

Comment

Have about 3 prospects for next year that I am trying to keep away from the neighbor. All 10 points or more and 4.5-5.5 years old. We are seeing up to 30 deer a hunt on our oats patch.

Comment

Saw two does yesterday evening. Not much else.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                              Have about 3 prospects for next year that I am trying to keep away from the neighbor. All 10 points or more and 4.5-5.5 years old. We are seeing up to 30 deer a hunt on our oats patch.

Ive got two id like to see next year. But this is our third season on this property and only one buck has been seen in consecutive years. So im not too hopeful itll happen. If it does, they could be studs! Good luck getting yours through.

Comment

Well I have 2 slick 6’s that I’m assuming are the offspring of the weak brow tined 8 pt that we found in the stock tank last month...nice and wide with no brows. I did get a fleeting glimpse of a tall racked buck on Saturday morning, he stepped out at the edge of the field about 225 yards out and stepped back in just as quick. I have no idea on the width or points, just know he was tall and pretty heavy mass wise. There have been a handful of bucks cruise through over the last 2 weeks tho, both night and day time pics, for a total of 16 different bucks that I’ve had on camera over the last 6 weeks. Half of them have been multiple visits over that span of time, while the others were a few days and they moved on in search of love next year should be nice if they all make it thru the season and get older. Of those 16, I’m not counting the yearlings or fawns...my wife and I will be hunting hard the next 4 days until we have to head back to reality, I’ll miss the last weekend in favor of taking the boys to the boat show next Saturday. But I’ve enjoyed seeing a lot of potential over the course of the last few weeks, both on camera and in person while I haven’t killed anything myself, it’s been a great season IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X