No announcement yet.

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert, I’ve got a bottle of Crown, a TIG welder and some needle nose vise-grips if you want to start resetting bolt handles...oh wait, Dan at accu-TIG is still a 2 day turn...never mind Custom actions are too cheap to not use. By the time you make one over ALL the way you’ll have sunk a pretty penny (including bolt body and firing pin and spring upgrade) plus timing the handle unless you go with a one piece bolt Then you’ll need to machine the raceways as well. I don’t mind giving a Remington a makeover (or at least as much as you can give one) but, IMHOP, it’s still a Remington action. If it doesn’t hold sentimental value, leave it alone and buy a custom action if at all possible. Do you’ve to do all that? No, but if I guess it all depends on how close you want a Remington to be to a custom action.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
      Robert, I’ve got a bottle of Crown, a TIG welder and some needle nose vise-grips if you want to start resetting bolt handles...oh wait, Dan at accu-TIG is still a 2 day turn...never mind Custom actions are too cheap to not use. By the time you make one over ALL the way you’ll have sunk a pretty penny (including bolt body and firing pin and spring upgrade) plus timing the handle unless you go with a one piece bolt Then you’ll need to machine the raceways as well. I don’t mind giving a Remington a makeover (or at least as much as you can give one) but, IMHOP, it’s still a Remington action. If it doesn’t hold sentimental value, leave it alone and buy a custom action if at all possible. Do you’ve to do all that? No, but if I guess it all depends on how close you want a Remington to be to a custom action.
      My TIG skills aren't up to that even without the Crown! Haha.

Comment

Missed last yr, in for this yr!

Comment

Interested in the final numbers, very happy it’s going to be a lightweight hunter.

Comment

Last year's build was unbelievable

Comment

Its about that time again.......

Comment

Haha

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

My pre 2020 group build has been laying them down from 100 to 610 yards this year.

I had blood spray 15 past an animal with a large chunk of lung on the ground two weeks ago.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201128-200502_Google.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	24638233Click image for larger version

Name:	20201118_071218.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	24638235

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

apr

My Sons buck this year from the 2019 TBH build 7mm08
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                      X2! I really want a long range heavy build in 280ai for a stand gun. Vertical grip stock. I would be all over this.
                      X3 for me. Adjustable comb would be a nice option also.

Comment

Sorry, just got further into the thread, I’m in for option #2!

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                          Sorry, just got further into the thread, I’m in for option #2!
                          This is an old thread. Wait for the 2021 build.

Comment

Oh wow your right, just noticed that lol sorry I guess I’m anxious.

Comment

I haven’t even shot mine yet lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                                I haven’t even shot mine yet lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                You're missing out!

Comment

Working...
                                X