What's your favorite Pheasant recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite Pheasant recipe?

Pulled a few birds, looking for a recipe to wow the wife. Much Appreciated.

Originally posted by LOC4L View Post
    I smoked the last one I shot. Turned out amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by LOC4L View Post
      chicken fry

Comment

In my experience pheasant breast tends to get too dry with many cooking methods. There are several good recipes for pheasant pot pie on the internet - really tasty if you like that sort of thing.

Comment

We injected a few pheasant and fried them like a turkey a few years ago. They were pretty good. Just used one of the cajun butter injectable marinades. Meat was super moist.

Comment

Scroll down to the Cordoba dove pasta recipe. I posted my spin using pheasant, it was excellent!

Comment

I grew up in the north and killed and ate a lot of pheasants. We almost always put them in a crock pot, add your favorite veggies, maybe some chicken bullion etc...

Comment

Here are a couple of my family's favorites:

Pheasant Breasts in a Sun-Dried Tomato Picatta Sauce
                Lightly sautéed pheasant breasts topped with sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese then covered in a white wine/lemon/butter sauce.

Pheasant Chardonnay
                Lightly sautéed pheasant breasts covered in a light cream sauce made of poultry stock, white whine, and cream then topped with a medley of chopped red, black, and green grapes, red bell pepper, pecans, and feta cheese (although we prefer goat cheese). This is an incredible marriage of textures and flavors.

And as one other poster mentioned...

Pheasant Pot Pie
                We like to dress ours up a bit by adding a touch of brandy or sherry to the cream sauce then cover it with a puff-pastry crust.

If any of these sound interesting, feel free to PM me and I'll send them to you in a document file. This'll keep you busy for awhile, however, I have several others once you get bored with these.

Comment

X2 on the Pheasant Chardonnay recipe above.

Comment

Cut them up in strips and fry.

Comment

Boil whole till nearly done pull from pot place in baking pan breast side up and add your favorite seasoning. Surround with wild rice(use stock from boiling the pheasant for your water) and bake till rice is tender and pheasant begins to brown up.

We do same with ducks. Usually wood ducks for their gamey flavor.

Comment

If I ever shoot one I’ll do this

Spicy Pheasant SandwichesI love to fry pheasant. We often crumble up saltines or ritz crackers to make a light breading and serve with a sweet thai chili sauce. But today we are going to make this pheasant a little on the spicy side! If you don't like the heat you can certainly skip that part and just make it

Comment

Working...
                        X