Need Help? Land Clearing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help? Land Clearing Question

I bought a 1/2 acre near Rayburn and want to get rid of all the pines. There are many huge trees. Not sure who to contact. Should I find someone to mulch everything or is there someone that would cut and sell the timber?

I could not find anyone to mess with cutting and selling the timber on 3 acres we bought for our business. Just not enough property to make it worth someone setting up to cut. I ended up using an excavator and pushing out all the trees with the root ball then cutting up and burning. After that had to bring in a dozer to grade it and fill in all the holes.

Comment

Might be cheaper to sell that 1/2 acre than clear it with an excavator and dozer. Then buy 1/2 acre that is already cleared.

Comment

Dont mulch it. The stumps will cause you problems later. Have the whole trees dug up and burn it.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I know a guy not far from you that is in the timber business. Do you have any pics of the trees? Any idea of size and how many? That’s not much land, but he lives close to you. PM me if you want.
            Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-24-2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I highly doubt you find anyone to cut and sell the trees on anything that small, what is your intent once you remove the trees with the property? If your building something on it then you will want the entire root ball removed. If it’s strictly for cosmetics then we normally cut them down and grind the stumps below the surface to around 24”s and then grind the trees up with a mulcher. If they want the mulch removed we rake it up and haul it all off site leaving pretty much no trace the trees were ever thr.

Comment

Lumber being 4X of normal pricing might get someone interested in cutting and selling.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Lumber being 4X of normal pricing might get someone interested in cutting and selling.

Lumber prices are up, but timber prices are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X