Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scenic drive in south Louisianna (1 day off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenic drive in south Louisianna (1 day off)

Any body have any recommendations for a scenic drive from Baton Rouge? I’m working 13 days and only get 1 day off. The family is 6 hours away so a trip home is out. Also with all the rain in East Texas, going to my lease isn’t a good idea. I’m fine with an all day trip. Just getting cabin fever from 6 weeks in a hotel.

Go see the USS Alabama and USS Drum. About 3 hrs away so maybe to far
    Last edited by friscopaint; 05-21-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Scenic and Louisiana don’t often go together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

“Winner!”

Comment

Go do the Tabasco tour on Avery Island (I think). It is a huge plantation. Go hire a guide and fish.

Comment

Go fish!

Comment

Walmart should be entertaining.

Find a boat launch and enjoy the comedy.

Comment

When I was working there I had a similar work schedule. We hired a guide and went fishing on our day off.

Comment

Now, guys, there are some beautiful old plantation homes to see, but I can't remember the drives.

The last time I drove through Thibideaux, I saw two young kids, side by side, on the edge of the porch with their pants down around their ankles, backs arched, having a pissing contest. I kid you not!

Comment

River Rd from BR down. Then some good eats in NO. Probably the prettiest drive in LA.

Comment

The hookers and crackheads off Essen on the East side is pretty ethnic......oh wait, you said scenic....my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        River Rd from BR down. Then some good eats in NO. Probably the prettiest drive in LA.
                        Plaquemine has cool little downtown area.

Comment

Take a drive down to Golden Meadow. Be sure and speed up as you go through there.

And bring lots of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

Crazy talk! I always enjoy the Atchafalaya Basin! And the food in southern LA alone is worth any and all drives.

Go to Perrain's and order the catfish cutlets. They literally disintegrate in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Now, guys, there are some beautiful old plantation homes to see, but I can't remember the drives.

The last time I drove through Thibideaux, I saw two young kids, side by side, on the edge of the porch with their pants down around their ankles, backs arched, having a pissing contest. I kid you not!

How else are you gonna see who can pee further?!?!? This is common place in all of America!

Comment

Working...
                              X