We are so screwed!!! Sonora water pipes are gonna bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are so screwed!!! Sonora water pipes are gonna bust

We did not winterize our campers on the lease between Junction and Sonora. My plan all week was to to run out there today and drain everything. Water is turned off thank goodness, just not drained. But mother nature has other plans. It was supposed to be a little warmer today but nope. Now I10 between Kerrville and Junction is closed in several places and many wrecks all over. I'm gonna try again tomorrow morning to get thru but it's not looking real good.
    Last edited by ColinR; 02-12-2021, 12:47 PM.

Man that sucks. Least water is off

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
      We did not winterize our campers on the lease between Junction and Sonora. My plan all week was to to run out there today and drain everything. Water is turned off thank goodness, just not drained. But mother nature has other plans. It was supposed to be a little warmer today but nope. Now I10 between Kerrville and Junction is closed in several places and many wrecks all over. I'm gonna try again tomorrow morning to get thru but it's not looking real good.
      It does suck, but not bad enough to risk your life getting out there.

Comment

Good luck. You may not be able to get there until later next week.

Comment

I'm sure there are some resident TBH'ers in Sonora that might be able to help

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
            My thought as well.

Comment

That is what i keep telling myself. My feeders ran out last week too. Was gonna fill them up today as well. We are low fence so its not like the deer are trapped but i feel like they really rely on them for food. Its gut wrenching.

Comment

If you have pex, you should be alright. If you make the drive, take your time. No camper is worth more than being stuck in a ditch in BFE. And that's why a guy has insurance anyways.

Comment

It sucks to do, but I drain mine every time we leave. It's 5-1/2 hours for me, so a quick trip to drain campers is not a quick trip. I made a fitting with a schrader valve that screw into the water fitting and blow it out with a bicycle pump. Takes a couple minutes.

Comment

This. RVs are such a headache!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      I'm sure there are some resident TBH'ers in Sonora that might be able to help
                      I wouldn't want to impose. That being said my camper would be easy, there is just 2 valves in the unlocked storage compartment that needs to be opened and then open the pop off handle on the water heater, also accessible outside.

Comment

The pipes were frozen solid before today anyway. Whatever is gonna happen has already happened, most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          The pipes were frozen solid before today anyway. Whatever is gonna happen has already happened, most likely.

yep! Lines should be ok. Cheap valve at back of toilet is what always busted on ours even blowing out the lines. Cost $30 to fix it when it happens again. Be way easier than running to the lease in an ice storm to try and prevent it.

Comment

yes sir they are already froze. So if you show up soon they are not going to drain. You would have to heat up the RV for probably eight hours to get something to dribble out

Comment

Heard it was pretty slick not worth the risk. Just take some fittings and glue when you get the chance to go check it out. You might be ok I forgot one time, but everything worked out no leaks.

Comment

Working...
                              X