Pool Builder - Tomball, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool Builder - Tomball, TX

Looking for a recommendation for a Pool Builder in Tomball, TX. Let me know if you've had any good or bad experiences with the builders in the area. We've received a few quotes so far and there appears to be a 15-20% difference in similar builds.

Old friend of mine owns Aquatime pools. You might look them up.

Comment

832-652-8111
      Tell Steve you are from TBH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Swampa on here is a pool builder in Tomball.

Comment

All I can say is be careful. The pool building business has been nothing short of insane over this last year. Many reputable builders have more business than they ever have had before. I'm sure there are a lot of new pool builders out there because of this. I'd stick with a builder that either has been around several years or that can provide multiple references.

The primary delay on new pool builds is the gunite work. That's a somewhat unique trade that requires expensive equipment, so the number of crews out there is limited.

15-20% sure seems like a large range on bids for similar builds.

There are a few threads on this site on pool builds. I'd suggest running a search. As mentioned, Swampa has a good thread on his own pool build.

Comment

Were being told Gunite alone is up 20%, slated to go up 10% more next month. Scared to get out revised quote. 15-20%, even on an $80k pool can Easily be from water feature tonnage and a few feet of perimeter. Decking adds up fast as well. Make sure it’s apples to apples.

Comment

It took my pool builder 6 months to build ours. He missed is gunite date and they pushed him to the back of the line....way back. Houston my have more gunite crews, but the hill country only has a few and you are at their mercy for price and schedule.

Comment

You may consider waiting. Gunite is WAY backed up all over the country.

Comment

I sell pools in the North Dallas area and everything said above is true! We sold 115 pools more in 20 than we did in 19. Gunite is a huge issue and so is getting the pool dug. Also everything said about price going up is unfortunately true as well.

Good luck, do your research.

Comment

I am the GM for a custom pool builder that builds North of Houston and the gunite is the biggest slow down right now. We are getting it a lot faster than a lot of builders but it is still taking us 3-4 weeks from the time I ask to be put on their schedule. Do your homework. There are a lot of shady builders around Houston but there are also some good ones. I would beware of anyone who is not really transparent with there pricing breakdown. Also, alot of builders like to get you on extra plumbing footage etc that isn't included in the quote. Make sure they are giving you a turnkey all inclusive quote. Make sure you know what equipment you are getting too. Not all equipment is apples to apples so prices will vary widely from builder to builder. We only use Pentair equipment with variable speed pumps. Some companies give quotes that are so vague that it's hard to sit down and do a good comparison to other quotes. PM me if you have any questions and I will be glad to try and help. We are in North Carolina right now so I won't be on TBH as much but I will check in at night.

Comment

Contact Paul at TAPS (Texas Aquatics and Pool Services). Been a friend of mine for over 30yrs. They are in Humble, so close to ya.
                      (281) 852-5630
                      Tell him Chilibowl referred ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                        I am the GM for a custom pool builder that builds North of Houston and the gunite is the biggest slow down right now. We are getting it a lot faster than a lot of builders but it is still taking us 3-4 weeks from the time I ask to be put on their schedule. Do your homework. There are a lot of shady builders around Houston but there are also some good ones. I would beware of anyone who is not really transparent with there pricing breakdown. Also, alot of builders like to get you on extra plumbing footage etc that isn't included in the quote. Make sure they are giving you a turnkey all inclusive quote. Make sure you know what equipment you are getting too. Not all equipment is apples to apples so prices will vary widely from builder to builder. We only use Pentair equipment with variable speed pumps. Some companies give quotes that are so vague that it's hard to sit down and do a good comparison to other quotes. PM me if you have any questions and I will be glad to try and help. We are in North Carolina right now so I won't be on TBH as much but I will check in at night.

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
                        I sell pools in the North Dallas area and everything said above is true! We sold 115 pools more in 20 than we did in 19. Gunite is a huge issue and so is getting the pool dug. Also everything said about price going up is unfortunately true as well.

Good luck, do your research.

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                        You may consider waiting. Gunite is WAY backed up all over the country.

Is it the materials causing the Gunite delay? Personnel? Delivery?

Sounds like a business opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

I would say it's personnel, you can get the equipment but having someone that knows what they're doing to shoot for you would be the biggest obstacle. With that being said, that business opportunity that you speak of is what we did

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
                            I would say it's personnel, you can get the equipment but having someone that knows what they're doing to shoot for you would be the biggest obstacle. With that being said, that business opportunity that you speak of is what we did

Good for y’all!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

It’s a really skilled labor job, takes a really long time to get good at it. These guys don’t grow on trees. There are new companies popping up and they’re trying to snake guys from established companies by way overpaying them. That’s a big part of why cost is going up, it also doesn’t help the backlog.

It is a business opportunity, while demand lasts. I predict there will be a lot of cheap equipment for sale once all this dies down.
                              Last edited by Colton; 12-29-2020, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X