No announcement yet.

New deed restriction law!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is page 8 of 25, there is no telling what this is about.

Comment

*tract

Comment

How many of these small properties are actually used for an ah income purpose? The wildlife exemption has really led to a massive fraud of the exempt status if you ask me.

I have both ag exempt (true ranch/livestock operation) and house in town paying full blown taxes like everyone. There are lots of subdivisions popping up paying way less in taxes for much larger estates than my place in town (county/school tax). Is it “fair” I guess not but it’s currently “legal” as the whole ag use tax is so broad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          The Ag exemption was intended to be just that an exemption for large parcels of land that are used for Ag purposes. This was to allow farmers/ranchers to have a tax break. Because no body like to pay higher taxes anybody with typically 5+ acres started applying for an Ag exemption and most counties approved this. Now it is getting kinda out of hand. I appraise million+ dollar homes that are on 5 acres with absolutely no AG use whatsoever but they claim an Ag exemption and don't pay squat for taxes compared to the average Joe that has less than five acres. I feel like it should not matter the land size it should be the actual use of the land. Just my .02

Yep. It’s turned into an easily abused scam in many cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X