No announcement yet.

New Ranch Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The windows I bought from a TBH'r. He had them for sale. They had a slight blem on them and the home owner didn't want them. I think I paid about 400 bucks for all of the windows and then turned around and sold all of the windows I didn't use for more than that. IT worked out well.
    Your construction has an outstanding look, I'm tellin you. And as I can understand you've constructed it in extremely short period of time. When I've been making almost the same cabin at our rancho last year, it was much longer in time and this website helped a lot with useful tips about insulation, and how properly maintain with cavities in the walls, all around the house.

Comment

I worked on the white washed cedar ceiling all weekend. I put the tongue and groove on them with the shaper so I could use all of the feet of each board with very little waste. I worked 127 boards and filled up 5-5 gallon buckets of sawdust off of the boards. Thats a bunch of saw dust. I think the ceiling is turning out nice and the white wash will help reflect a little bit of light. I didn't want it too dark in there.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking great! Quality work for sure

Comment

third door

Got the last door frame in this weekend. It takes about 6 hours of sanding to strip all of the old varnish and stain off of the doors and frames for each door. I still have to work on the actual door so I can put it in next weekend.

Comment

can't get them to load
            Attached Files

Comment

This build is so much more than “a place to stay dry and warm”!

Comment

My wife took some better pics with a good camera so I thought I would post them. I took an old light fixture out of my grandmothers house when she died about 30 years ago. I had kept it in a box in my attic wherever I lived and I decided to try it in the bathroom. It has a globe and some other ornamental stuff that I haven't put on yet but I think it looks cool in there.
                Attached Files

Comment

My son took cabinet measurements last weekend so they should be coming before too long. I'm trying to get the HVAC equipment this week so I can get it set and the electrician is almost finished. I'm shooting for a target date of October 1st to be able to stay in it. Just in time for bow season.

Comment

Don't know if I posted this or not but a friend was remodeling his house and gave me his ball and claw tub. It has a solid brass exposed faucet, riser, switching valve and shower curtain holder. I think it's going to look cool in there.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Stunning sir. absolutely stunning.

Comment

Outstanding, really enjoy watching you progress on this cool project. Dig that old tub and grandma’s light fixture, they really fit in the “look” you are creating.

Comment

Looking good! You are truly a craftsman!

Comment

Hell of a build sir!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Keep updating! this is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X