Ford 250 Broken into near Bass Pro in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
    Curious if this would help others but one possible common aspect is they seem to watch the lot and when the passengers exit the vehicle and enter their destination restaurant or whatever, they hit fast.
    Wondering how many could be caught if they watch the vehicle a few minutes after first entering the building of destination. Wondering this because I've had friends f250 stolen immediately when entering Lowes. In some cases they must be scouting the lot.
    They do. My buddy s SAPD and he tells me, it’s one of the most organized Auto Burglary rackets in the country. They are very well versed on how they do it. They have a scout sitting at a high point in an adjacent lot with binoculars watching for the vehicles, they have someone inside the establishment and they communicate through cell phones. Once they see you park and know you’re inside, there’s no rush. 9 times out of 10, the security guard in the lot is part of it. I carry my back pack and pistol inside with me EVERYWHERE I go.

Comment

If you catch them...tell them i want my bow, bow case, and arrows back.... Those SOB's got me a few years back in SA, too. Sorry to hear it.

Comment

Unfortunately BP SA has turned into a pick your part but it’s not just recently, it’s been going on for years! It’s La Cantera as a whole! Drive a chebrolet, nobody wants anything from them … J/K

Comment

If sapd is anything like my agency.....they are 350 people short. something like 30% are eligible for retirement. have a whopping 4 people in the pro active auto theft group to do your "bait car" that can only run 4 days a week due to 68A inspections on Wednesday

Somewhere in the middle you have to work the 100s of active cases that actually have suspect info

I know it's frustrating but LE is just as frustrated running calls all day without time to do any real proactive work.

FTR I have an open bmv case with tomball pd. In that instance not only did my **** get broke into buy I got a day off out of the deal since I had uniforms in the back seat

So, I know your pain

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Quack........it ain't the cops fault...........
            But, even if you catch the scum.............
            They'll walk, before the papers are filled out...............
            They have no reason to stop...........

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              If sapd is anything like my agency.....they are 350 people short. something like 30% are eligible for retirement. have a whopping 4 people in the pro active auto theft group to do your "bait car" that can only run 4 days a week due to 68A inspections on Wednesday

Somewhere in the middle you have to work the 100s of active cases that actually have suspect info

I know it's frustrating but LE is just as frustrated running calls all day without time to do any real proactive work.

FTR I have an open bmv case with tomball pd. In that instance not only did my **** get broke into buy I got a day off out of the deal since I had uniforms in the back seat

So, I know your pain

No doubt SAPD is stretch thin, but they do spend a huge chunk of
              Resources doing vice stings , and video gaming bust
              Seems like wasted time and money, or mixed up priorities

BPS is where they kidnapped a guys hunting dog, $5000 ransom paid, guns goodbye, makes internet shopping more often justified
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-12-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

That parking lot has been notorious for that for years. Sorry that you were it’s latest victim

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                  No doubt SAPD is stretch thin, but they do spend a huge chunk of
                  Resources doing vice stings , and video gaming bust
                  Seems like wasted time and money, or mixed up priorities

BPS is where they kidnapped a guys hunting dog, $5000 ransom paid, guns goodbye, makes internet shopping more often justified
                  The issue there is persons crime vs. Property crime.

Catching pimps, hookers and drug dealers sells votes. Human trafficking is even better. Nevermind the illegals with record's. It's all about the children

Comment

Yeah I understand the cops being short handed for sure and no days every cop catches so much crap from the liberals and anti cop people no one wants to be a cop. This was a quick trip and I was in athletic shorts and i didnt want to leave it in the truck at all. I have never had anything stolen or broken in to in my life and I just didn't think it would happen to me. I saw a guy and his wife pull up in a newer ford as I was waiting on the cops and I told him they are targeting our trucks and stealing stuff. They were about to catch a plane and go on their vacation so they had a ton of stuff in the truck. They thanked me and decided not to eat in the area.

Comment

Article in the morning paper about the thefts of catalytic converters in SA---800+ since January, and guess where? Yep---northwest area between I10 and 281.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                        Unfortunately BP SA has turned into a pick your part but it’s not just recently, it’s been going on for years! It’s La Cantera as a whole! Drive a chebrolet, nobody wants anything from them … J/K
                        HAHA I have a 2009 chevy 1500 but she doesnt have the balls to tow anything so I went with a powerstroke LOL

Comment

Matt from Demolition Ranch on YouTube got his F350 broke into at The Rim just last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaycee11 View Post
                            Yeah I understand the cops being short handed for sure and no days every cop catches so much crap from the liberals and anti cop people no one wants to be a cop. This was a quick trip and I was in athletic shorts and i didnt want to leave it in the truck at all. I have never had anything stolen or broken in to in my life and I just didn't think it would happen to me. I saw a guy and his wife pull up in a newer ford as I was waiting on the cops and I told him they are targeting our trucks and stealing stuff. They were about to catch a plane and go on their vacation so they had a ton of stuff in the truck. They thanked me and decided not to eat in the area.
                            Sorry this happened to you, dang thieves. Glad you were able to help that couple about to go on a vacation. You might have saved them from having a really bad day. Again, sorry you and your wife couldn’t enjoy a nice meal without those thieves ruining it.

Comment

I am sorry the scum, organized scum, got you. I don't understand leaving a gun in the truck console though. Now, a bad person has it. This leaves the anti- gunners with a good point and while you wouldn't do anything bad with the gun, this bad person will, and it has your name all over it. A lawsuit can be filed on you for negligence in the case someone gets hurt with your gun. There have been many of those. Gun owners have to be more responsible. I have a safe in my truck with a cable attached to the metal frame of the back seat. 99.9% theft proof. Shotguns and rifles can be similarly protected.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                I am sorry the scum, organized scum, got you. I don't understand leaving a gun in the truck console though. Now, a bad person has it. This leaves the anti- gunners with a good point and while you wouldn't do anything bad with the gun, this bad person will, and it has your name all over it. A lawsuit can be filed on you for negligence in the case someone gets hurt with your gun. There have been many of those. Gun owners have to be more responsible. I have a safe in my truck with a cable attached to the metal frame of the back seat. 99.9% theft proof. Shotguns and rifles can be similarly protected.
                                That cable 100% useless vs a cordless grinder , still just a speed bump against thievery

Comment

Working...
                                X