Drill stem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does "joint" refer to when talking about pipe? I just started searching for 2 3/8 pipe to use for a small stall and can't seem to find any.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    1 section of pipe. Typically 28-31 foot in length when talking about 2 3/8 and 2 7/8 TUBING, which is what everyone here is referring to as drill stem. Drill stem is actually MUCH heavier, and not any fun at all to work with.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I may have actually just found some on Craigslist.

Comment

Be sure to check for thin spots on it. If a rod string had run through it for a long time it could be paper thin in spots. Also magnetized pipe is a pain in the rear. I won’t worry you about norm as it’s not too common in your area.

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
        Thanks for the info, I may have actually just found some on Craigslist.

Comment

I heard $52 around San antoinio

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            1 section of pipe. Typically 28-31 foot in length when talking about 2 3/8 and 2 7/8 TUBING, which is what everyone here is referring to as drill stem. Drill stem is actually MUCH heavier, and not any fun at all to work with.
            Have we figured out if they want tubing or drill pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
              Be sure to check for thin spots on it. If a rod string had run through it for a long time it could be paper thin in spots. Also magnetized pipe is a pain in the rear. I won’t worry you about norm as it’s not too common in your area.
              Good to know, thank you!

Comment

You may also look into buying new DOM tubing. It's not much more, especially if you get sch.10 vs sch. 40.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  Have we figured out if they want tubing or drill pipe?
                  There’s probably an oddball here and there that wants drill pipe, but most people don’t know the difference and consider just about all oilfield pipe as drill pipe. There’s a huge difference, and drill stem is much heavier walled. You’re going to eat up tons more time cutting and welding than you will tubing, and not to mention the labor is going to be far more back breaking. I sell this stuff for a living, and have put up more than my share of fence and gates. Just about every fence you’ll see is made from tubing. Occasionally you’ll see the guy who overbuilds everything that used stem, or he’s just cheap and had access to free and dirt cheap stem. Those guys usually regret it when it’s done. I overbuild everything myself, and I promise production tubing is far more than heavy enough. Especially if it’s work string.

Comment

Ive been a longtime lurker and very limited poster over the years but if you guys are in the market for some red band tubing or "structural" pipe just let me know.

As the oilfield is picking up out here in West Texas, I have alot of access to pipe currently and looking to move some of it.

Currently have close to 600 jts of 2-7/8" P-110 and about 200 jts of 2-7/8" L80.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Comment

Working...
                    X