2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    Here's your rooster tail update! [emoji23][emoji482] stay thirsty my friends!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Great pic!!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Y’all get out the hammer lane! Headed south for 8 days in Port Isabel at 0600!
      So jealous! After going almost every summer my whole life I think it's been 3 years now. And don't know when I'll make it!

Catch all the fish!

Comment

Y’all get out the hammer lane! Headed south for 8 days in Port Isabel at 0600!
        Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          So jealous! After going almost every summer my whole life I think it's been 3 years now. And don't know when I'll make it!

Catch all the fish!

Gonna change our routine down here and give the trout somewhat of a break, gonna try to figure out the reds and kill some flat fish!

Comment

Gonna change our routine down here and give the trout somewhat of a break, gonna try to figure out the reds and kill some flat fish!
            Nice! I've never caught many reds there in the bay! I'm a trout guy. Good luck. I have caught black drum in the channels and potholes. So much expansive skinny water. That's a different world that sight casting in the marsh cuts on big lake!

Comment

Me & my family fished Matty today & kept 15 trout in the boat. We kept 3 a piece then caught & released at least that many more. Sure felt good to bend the pole. A lot of them were solid 2 lb class fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                Heading out to Surfside in the boat tomorrow....hoping to add a an old school fishing report to this debacle of a thread
                Could only find sand trout and one 17" speck. I tell you what though when you sitting over a school of sand trout and they are hitting lures....it can wear you out just the same. Looks like 1 of my honey holes in Surfside is gone. They took the whole rock bank and built a steel wall. Will have to see if that will still hold fish when the wind is in my favor next time

Aaand we saw 1 thousand jeeps today.

Comment

Could only find sand trout and one 17" speck. I tell you what though when you sitting over a school of sand trout and they are hitting lures....it can wear you out just the same. Looks like 1 of my honey holes in Surfside is gone. They took the whole rock bank and built a steel wall. Will have to see if that will still hold fish when the wind is in my favor next time

Aaand we saw 1 thousand jeeps today.
                  Jeep weekend. We rode to Galveston today, went to the pleasure pier and the strand. The wind was pumping!!

Comment

Here's a few pics from the weekend.

I fished some corporate groups this weekend including McCoy's lumber, Baker Hughes and Leak Investigation Services. Also one couple who are friends of a TBHer. McCoys had a little fun company tournament and my guys ended up with the biggest trout and redfish in it. Still releasing 99% of the trout we are catching. I cleaned 1 trout this weekend that got hooked in the gill and was bleeding bad.

The weekend varied widely on where I fished and what I found. It was a fairly tough weekend overall. We fished the jetties some and caught good quality trout and some reds. Lots of undersized reds. I drifted EMB some and it was a bit slow. Water looked great on Friday and we caught a few trout and one nice red drifting before moving on. I spent one day in WMB hitting a bunch of different stuff all the way down to Cotton's and up to Coon Island. We found a pretty good bunch of redfish working up and down a long shell reef blowing up the little sheepshead minnows or whatever you call the little fat guppy looking dudes with stripes on them. They were smoking those little rascals. And yesterday we just ran from storms all morning. Fish awhile, just catch a fish or two and have to run to miss a cell. Fish awhile, run farther to miss the next cell. It rained on us all day but the couple I was fishing hung in there and had fun. Luckily we never had any lightning in our area, the really bad stuff was north of us inland but we did eventually get run off the water a little after noon.

Reports from waders was about what Dukfvr said, good numbers of trout and a few reds caught wading. The croaker guys are catching fish pretty well.

Crowds were not bad even with the three tournaments we had going on Saturday. I guess the turnout was pretty low.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                      Here's a few pics from the weekend.

I fished some corporate groups this weekend including McCoy's lumber, Baker Hughes and Leak Investigation Services. Also one couple who are friends of a TBHer. McCoys had a little fun company tournament and my guys ended up with the biggest trout and redfish in it. Still releasing 99% of the trout we are catching. I cleaned 1 trout this weekend that got hooked in the gill and was bleeding bad.

The weekend varied widely on where I fished and what I found. It was a fairly tough weekend overall. We fished the jetties some and caught good quality trout and some reds. Lots of undersized reds. I drifted EMB some and it was a bit slow. Water looked great on Friday and we caught a few trout and one nice red drifting before moving on. I spent one day in WMB hitting a bunch of different stuff all the way down to Cotton's and up to Coon Island. We found a pretty good bunch of redfish working up and down a long shell reef blowing up the little sheepshead minnows or whatever you call the little fat guppy looking dudes with stripes on them. They were smoking those little rascals. And yesterday we just ran from storms all morning. Fish awhile, just catch a fish or two and have to run to miss a cell. Fish awhile, run farther to miss the next cell. It rained on us all day but the couple I was fishing hung in there and had fun. Luckily we never had any lightning in our area, the really bad stuff was north of us inland but we did eventually get run off the water a little after noon.

Reports from waders was about what Dukfvr said, good numbers of trout and a few reds caught wading. The croaker guys are catching fish pretty well.

Crowds were not bad even with the three tournaments we had going on Saturday. I guess the turnout was pretty low.
                      Great pics!! Those kiddos looked like they were having a blast!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on a Great weekend Glenn!

Comment

All those pics of people holding fish and no bikinis? I thought you had to wear a bikini to saltwater fish?

Looks like fun! I've been getting pics from Gladesgator all week and I'm not sure what half he's caught is! If I don't know what they are they're ocean perch!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            All those pics of people holding fish and no bikinis? I thought you had to wear a bikini to saltwater fish?

Looks like fun! I've been getting pics from Gladesgator all week and I'm not sure what half he's caught is! If I don't know what they are they're ocean perch!
                            No bikinis. And thank goodness for it with all those guys I took fishing this weekend. We don't need to see dudes in bikinis.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                              No bikinis. And thank goodness for it with all those guys I took fishing this weekend. We don't need to see dudes in bikinis.
                              But you not saying that its not allowed on your boat right?

Comment

But you not saying that its not allowed on your boat right?
                                Ladies are welcome to wear them. Guys are not.

Comment

Working...
                                X