Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of these TV bowhunting "PRO's" really need to just quit!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
    Yeah, same here. I watch Michael Waddell and Cameron Hanes. These dudes motivate me....but I watch them in moderation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Nick Mundt is the serious killer in that trio. T Bone is funny, and a shooter but limited how he hunts. Weddell settled down a lot with his second wife.
    But Mundt is serious.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Tim Wells really loss me with the spear and blow guns.[emoji37] Waddell loss me with the horrible drama on his divorce and new marriage. The Busbices are extremely difficult to watch....even 7 years ago or so. Somebody mentioned that show with the women. I watched ONE segment and was embarrassed. [emoji3061] Tiffany & Lee have ran their course well but that train seems old now. I still like Shocky produced stuff due to the quality of the production and multiple species & location. Meat eater is majority rifle so never keeps my attention thru a full show. I will check the utube stuff soon. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
      100% agreement here!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        They need to quit hunting big game animals and stick to shooting carp..
        Being laid up the last 2 weeks nursing shoulder surgery I have been watching more TV than I normally would in 6 months..
        That being said I have been watching quite a few of these JegLeg hunting shows..
        I'm blown away and disgusted at how many TV yahoos are perfectly fine with "coming back tomorrow" after evening hunts to track bucks that clearly hit vitally.. Mortally wounded.. They announce it the minute they get out of the blind/stand and before zero effort is taken to find the animal... Unreal.. Then they return the next morning and find the deer easily.. It didn't go 75 yards and guess what? Coyotes have ate or destroyed everything but the head BUT WAIT they are perfectly fine with that because they "found the rack"!!! This really burns my azz!!
        They obviously do not know how irresponsible this is or do not think this is wrong because they are always so proud to have just found just the "Rack"... They are in it clearly for the wrong reason.. I just wittnessed this on a show called "The Final Decent" and that's is just one of many..... They also do other things that make it obvious that they are clueless but I'm done typing!! That some serious BS!!!
        Seems to me that if it were brought to the attention of a local game warden, he may be interested in investigating lack of reasonable effort to retrieve game.

These TV shows seem to kill lots of animals and they're always out traveling so that cuts into their time having to have a plan for the meat for each one.

Comment

They don't have a nationwide dog tracking list.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Tim Wells really loss me with the spear and blow guns.[emoji37] Waddell loss me with the horrible drama on his divorce and new marriage. The Busbices are extremely difficult to watch....even 7 years ago or so. Somebody mentioned that show with the women. I watched ONE segment and was embarrassed. [emoji3061] Tiffany & Lee have ran their course well but that train seems old now. I still like Shocky produced stuff due to the quality of the production and multiple species & location. Meat eater is majority rifle so never keeps my attention thru a full show. I will check the utube stuff soon. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
            Yes.. Jim Shockey is the real deal and always has been.. He is disgusted by some of these same things.. If I was going to set my DVR to record a hunting show it would be his.. A Yukon moose hunt with him is a hunt that I really want to do before I get too old...

Comment

Maybe write to some of the sponsors about hunting ethics? Agree with most here and don't watch any of them. The shot angles finished me off.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Nick Mundt is the serious killer in that trio. T Bone is funny, and a shooter but limited how he hunts. Weddell settled down a lot with his second wife.
                But Mundt is serious.

Yeah he has...and hunts his home farm alot...550 acres in Georgia. Growing some good bucks too. I enjoy the family value in his shows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My half brother is from Jersey. No hunting experience whatsoever. He was on an outdoor kick for awhile and stumbled across a Donnie Vincent clip a few years back. Truly some great footage on his videos. So I told my brother about “the outdoor channel” and also “sportsman’s channel” after the first night if watching it he said “ it was very hard to tell weather it was the show or commercials. Do they make their own commercials during the shows? I was confused “

I laughed. And realized not only are there a ton of commercials during the show but most of the show is advertising as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    Yes.. Jim Shockey is the real deal and always has been.. He is disgusted by some of these same things.. If I was going to set my DVR to record a hunting show it would be his.. A Yukon moose hunt with him is a hunt that I really want to do before I get too old...
                    Problem for me with shockey is he sounds and acts like a rich guy with no grasp of the average hunter. Like he is on some spiritual hunting plane us mere mortals can't hope to attain.
                    Plus he is a rifleman first and I prefer bowhunting.

Comment

Problem for me with shockey is he sounds and acts like a rich guy with no grasp of the average hunter. Like he is on some spiritual hunting plane us mere mortals can't hope to attain.
                      Plus he is a rifleman first and I prefer bowhunting.

Nothing wrong with rich guys! He seems humble!

Comment

I haven't had the outdoor channel in a long time, but I'm amazed at some of the stuff that makes it on there vs what's available on Youtube and Roku etc.

Bowhunt or Die on Youtube - all bowhunting and a TON of episodes, but we've lost a couple to coyotes over the years. It happens.

Midwest Whitetail on Youtube - almost all bowhunting, and the video quality is usually top notch, and the music is low-key.

Destination Elk on Youtube - I've gotten into some elk hunting vids a bit more, and these guys are enjoyable to watch. A fair amount of bowhunting, but some rifle/ML as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                          Nothing wrong with rich guys! He seems humble!
                          I agree it's not about the rich. Rich folks make the economy run. I don't make much money on poor folks.
                          Like I said, it's the attitude of his elevated awareness. It's not I don't like him. I believe he is a stand up guy.
                          Kinda like those church folks who think their seat is a lot closer to God's than yours.
                          Just hard for me to relate to them. Or him.

Comment

Try Cody and Kelsy
                            Cody used to be Shockeys camera guy in Shockey's peak

Comment

Bowmar willsure track them down at night

Comment

I agree it's not about the rich. Rich folks make the economy run. I don't make much money on poor folks.
                                Like I said, it's the attitude of his elevated awareness. It's not I don't like him. I believe he is a stand up guy.
                                Kinda like those church folks who think their seat is a lot closer to God's than yours.
                                Just hard for me to relate to them. Or him.

Comment

Working...
                                X