Small Outboard Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second Boats.net
    The parts are out there, you just have to do a little searching!

Comment

Most of the small ones are all made in the same place, blew my mind when I found out the yamahas used to be made by the same company that made the mercurys. I would love to find a good used 2-5 hp for our old bass buster but every time I do they never have a title which basically means its stolen.
      Last edited by SC-001; 04-05-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I haven’t really looked for just a parts kit, but full replacements are nonexistent.

None of the mechanics I’ve spoken with will touch it.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you weren't on the other side of the world I'd fix it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
            Most of the small ones are all made in the same place, blew my mind when I found out the yamahas used to be made by the same company that made the mercurys. I would love to find a good used 2-5 hp for our old bass buster but every time I do they never have a title which basically means its stolen.
            Not necessarily, until 1994 boat titles were not required in Texas

Comment

So, I tore the carburetor apart yesterday and cleaned it. Tonight I put it back together and nothing but an occasional backfire. On a whim, I swapped the leads to the coil packs and it fired up on the first pull. I guess it was out of timing. Now that I know it runs, I’m gonna put a new water pump on it.

That being said, I’m looking at a local 2017 4 stroke Yamaha. It’s 30 years newer. Thoughts?

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A 4 stroke will spoil you.

Comment

Working...
                X