No announcement yet.

High School Baseball 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPark started their season tonight with a 2-0 win over Summer Creek. The pitching on both sides where very good. My son did not have a good night at the plate with 2 ground out, but at least he put the ball in play and advanced the runner to 3rd that scored. They start tournament play this week in Crosby hope they start hitting.

Comment

Well after 5 practice days and 2 scrimmages missed due to the weather Lorena took down Salado 7-5 at their tournament. Kid pitched 5 innings and gave up a 2-run HR in the bottom of the 5th with an 0-2 count on Salado's 4 hole hitter. 72 pitch effort in 5 innings, I'll take that for the first start of the year. Didn't swing very well in his first couple of AB's. I had to remind him after the game that the 4 hole hitter doesn't get too many fastballs to hit and to be ready to see more curve balls being thrown at you. Hopefully he will listen to me in the next at bat.

Comment

KPark is playing its first tournament of the year. We had an 8:00am game this morning and lost to Crosby 3-1. Boys had no approach at the plate and made a couple boneheaded plays that cost them should have won, but it’s baseball. Play a doubleheader tomorrow.

Comment

My son finally got hit first high school at bat last night. Due to basketball season he was late to the baseball party. There are nearly 30 boys on the JV team since they don’t have a freshman team. So cracking the lineup is a challenge.

He hit a long foul ball down left field line, then walked and scored. Not a lot to talk about, but good to see him on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
            My son finally got hit first high school at bat last night. Due to basketball season he was late to the baseball party. There are nearly 30 boys on the JV team since they don’t have a freshman team. So cracking the lineup is a challenge.

He hit a long foul ball down left field line, then walked and scored. Not a lot to talk about, but good to see him on the field.

What school does he go to?

Comment

KPark is off to a good start. Just hope they keep the momentum going and the pitching holds up come district time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                What school does he go to?

Huffman. We live in atascocita but my wife teaches in Huffman.

Comment

Huffman. We live in atascocita but my wife teaches in Huffman.
                  Haven’t seen Huffman play yet, but Atascocita is a good program. We have played the 3 times and it’s 1-1-1 all good games.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                    Haven’t seen Huffman play yet, but Atascocita is a good program. We have played the 3 times and it’s 1-1-1 all good games.

We have some pretty good players. Varsity has been playing some 5 and 6 A schools. They have one kid who has signed with San Jac. He is a speedster. Plays short and center and can swing it.

Comment

We have some pretty good players. Varsity has been playing some 5 and 6 A schools. They have one kid who has signed with San Jac. He is a speedster. Plays short and center and can swing it.

Good luck to you guys this year. Just glad to see the boys playing!

Comment

Well just checking in. How the boys doing this year?

Comment

Working...
                        X