High School Baseball 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
    What an asinine statement! But I see that you have not been back to this thread since you posted that BS. Sometimes, I feel sorry for people who just talk to hear their own voice because they have no one else to listen to the stuff they spew out of their mouth.

And this high school baseball coach is a special education and math teacher, so there's that. The difference is is that I care about your son as a person, a human being, and the overall kid. Travel ball coaches care about the money.
    Hey there COACH easy there I coached select ball for years and never charged the parents a dime, but I get what your saying LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by tytoo24 View Post
      Yes cause every kid hit .500 in travel ball and hit 90 every time they pitched. Then when they get to high school season, they cant even throw a ball 90 feet. That was a pretty crappy statement for you to make.
      What part of what I posted is a crappy statement?

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
        I was hoping to watch Lorena play in football this year. ONe of my high school coaches coach there.

This high school baseball coach is a health teacher. The head coach is a science teacher. I coach baseball just like I do my other two sports.... While there is going to be a gap in some, the problem with high school baseball is the push for travel ball during the season.

Couple years ago when the pitch count got put on us, we had a kid who pitched on a friday night for around 90 pitches. He went to travel ball on saturday and threw 100 more..... Dont tell me their is a gap when this is happening all the time.

High School coaches care about their athletes.... Can the same be said for travel ball coaches?
        Summer travel ball schedules start AFTER the HS season ends. Prove it - show a snap shot of game changer for the same kid throwing back to back days - 90 then 100 pitches during a HS season. If it did happen - then its on the kid and the parent for allowing the kid to throw back to back days.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
          What an asinine statement! But I see that you have not been back to this thread since you posted that BS. Sometimes, I feel sorry for people who just talk to hear their own voice because they have no one else to listen to the stuff they spew out of their mouth.

And this high school baseball coach is a special education and math teacher, so there's that. The difference is is that I care about your son as a person, a human being, and the overall kid. Travel ball coaches care about the money.
          I was in NM quail hunting the last week. Wasn't ducking this thread, not looking for your sympathy because no one will listen to me.

How many kids on a HS roster play any level of college baseball? 2-3 on avg from 5A/6A schools. Less from smaller schools. How many scouts attend HS games? VERY few. The bulk of the recruiting is done during the summer. Two main reasons 1) college baseball is being played during the same time as HS baseball - schedules conflict 2) a coach can go to one event and see several kids on their radar vs traveling school to school all over the country. Simple economics. As a math teacher - guessing you can keep up with these concepts? Scouts are NOT at an event looking at every kid - they have a list and focusing on the players on their list. It's not random.

This is why I think travel ball has surpassed HS baseball. The other piece - be honest - how many HS baseball coaches actually played college baseball or 3-4 years of varsity baseball at a highly competitive HS team growing up ..... not many. At least most of the travel coaches have played some level of college ball. More games under their belt, better competition, network of former coaches and players to help get kids noticed.
          Last edited by gspbrad; 02-02-2021, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gspbrad View Post
            Summer travel ball schedules start AFTER the HS season ends. Prove it - show a snap shot of game changer for the same kid throwing back to back days - 90 then 100 pitches during a HS season. If it did happen - then its on the kid and the parent for allowing the kid to throw back to back days.
            Prove it? I have no reason to lie about it. I was here. I witnessed the aftermath of it. I am not added to every one of our kids game changer accounts for travel ball. You are right on the aspect that it is on the parents. I will give you that one.

My fault, I am talking select that goes year round.

I was in NM quail hunting the last week. Wasn't ducking this thread, not looking for your sympathy because no one will listen to me.

How many kids on a HS roster play any level of college baseball? 2-3 on avg from 5A/6A schools. Less from smaller schools. How many scouts attend HS games? VERY few. The bulk of the recruiting is done during the summer. Two main reasons 1) college baseball is being played during the same time as HS baseball - schedules conflict 2) a coach can go to one event and see several kids on their radar vs traveling school to school all over the country. Simple economics. As a math teacher - guessing you can keep up with these concepts? Scouts are NOT at an event looking at every kid - they have a list and focusing on the players on their list. It's not random.

This is why I think travel ball has surpassed HS baseball. The other piece - be honest - how many HS baseball coaches actually played college baseball or 3-4 years of varsity baseball at a highly competitive HS team growing up ..... not many. At least most of the travel coaches have played some level of college ball. More games under their belt, better competition, network of former coaches and players to help get kids noticed.
            We played a game last year before Corona hit and there were 30-40 scouts from college to MLB at the game... in Late February early march. at the 3a-2a level.

Comment

HS or travel i hope the kids get some normal. Both levels of play are up to parents. If i thought one didnt care about my kids health it is on me to move the kid. I guess my kid was lucky. HS coach and travel coach talked about my kid on a weekly basis. They had a program and he threw his bullpen with his pitching coach /travel coach often during the HS season. His travel coach was at most of his HS outings. My kid also stills goes over his house and visits when he cones to town and im sure they will in the future.

As far as scouting- if there is a HS game with 15-20 scouts there they are all there to see the guy on the bump. Best scouting event your kid can attend if they get a chance is an Area Code event.

There are some good coaches out there and good programs both HS and travel programs. HS my kids graduating class had 3 D1 pitchers, and 4 other kids headed to play college ball. Year before that had a D1 shortstop and 7 headed to play college ball. Select program he was in I think all but 3 on team playing this year
              Good luck and I’m excited its baseball season
              Last edited by glen; 02-03-2021, 07:11 AM.

Comment

This weekend starts it out for Liberty Hill v. Ellison for a scrimmage game.. can’t wait, my son has been working his whole life for this. Y’all be good!

Comment

The most scouts I’ve seen at one game was 6 and all with radars sitting behind the home plate area. Patrick Mahomes was on the bump during that game

Comment

This is pretty much spot on as far as summer scouting goes. There are exceptions but not to often. In 2016 we had 25+ MLB scouts at a HS game to watch Forrest Whitley throw against us. My youngest son has several D1 offers going into his sophomore season. Those are in place due to his pitching coach and summer team. D1 coaches cannot initiate contact until September of your junior year. Everything has to go thru your coaches. Most HS coaches just don’t have the time to deal with that. I love HS baseball more than any summer events but i honestly believe 90% of the scouting occurs in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
                      This weekend starts it out for Liberty Hill v. Ellison for a scrimmage game.. can’t wait, my son has been working his whole life for this. Y’all be good!
                      Heard good things about your son, hope he has a great year.

Comment

Bobby Witt Jr drew more scouts to every event than i have ever witnessed. I think he will be in the show quickly

Comment

Bridge City Cardinals #1 in 4A!! Class of '96..Go Big Red

Comment

Prove it? I have no reason to lie about it. I was here. I witnessed the aftermath of it. I am not added to every one of our kids game changer accounts for travel ball. You are right on the aspect that it is on the parents. I will give you that one.

My fault, I am talking select that goes year round.

We played a game last year before Corona hit and there were 30-40 scouts from college to MLB at the game... in Late February early march. at the 3a-2a level.
                            What HIGH SCHOOL select goes year round?? VTool, Perfect Game, etc - their HS summer schedule starts the last weekend in May - again to NOT overlap with HS baseball. HS guys still in the playoff don't play in those events until they are eliminated. You called out an example of one kid threw 90 one day 100 the next - it would be EASY to go to Game Changer and do a search by his name to get around a parent not adding you. You can add yourself as a follow - you don't need to have a parent add you. Look up your example and post it.

If there was a kid at the 3a-2a level getting 30-40 scouts EVERYONE knows who he is. Who was it? Don't tell us you're protecting the identity of the kid - that's BS. EVERYONE knew Bobby Witt Jr or know guys like Jordan Lawler. If 30-40 college scouts breakaway from their current playing schedule and MLB guys leave spring training to show up at a 3a-2a Feb UIL preseason tournament for an UNCOMMITTED player - he's a nationally ranked guy and privacy is long gone- who was it? There are VERY few guys would this would happen for. Would be super easy to tell us.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                              This is pretty much spot on as far as summer scouting goes. There are exceptions but not to often. In 2016 we had 25+ MLB scouts at a HS game to watch Forrest Whitley throw against us. My youngest son has several D1 offers going into his sophomore season. Those are in place due to his pitching coach and summer team. D1 coaches cannot initiate contact until September of your junior year. Everything has to go thru your coaches. Most HS coaches just don’t have the time to deal with that. I love HS baseball more than any summer events but i honestly believe 90% of the scouting occurs in the summer.
                              Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              The most scouts I’ve seen at one game was 6 and all with radars sitting behind the home plate area. Patrick Mahomes was on the bump during that game
                              Originally posted by glen View Post
                              HS or travel i hope the kids get some normal. Both levels of play are up to parents. If i thought one didnt care about my kids health it is on me to move the kid. I guess my kid was lucky. HS coach and travel coach talked about my kid on a weekly basis. They had a program and he threw his bullpen with his pitching coach /travel coach often during the HS season. His travel coach was at most of his HS outings. My kid also stills goes over his house and visits when he cones to town and im sure they will in the future.

As far as scouting- if there is a HS game with 15-20 scouts there they are all there to see the guy on the bump. Best scouting event your kid can attend if they get a chance is an Area Code event.

There are some good coaches out there and good programs both HS and travel programs. HS my kids graduating class had 3 D1 pitchers, and 4 other kids headed to play college ball. Year before that had a D1 shortstop and 7 headed to play college ball. Select program he was in I think all but 3 on team playing this year
                              Good luck and I’m excited its baseball season

This is the kid that brought all the scouts to our game last year. We were part of those 34 strikeouts. one of the non strike outs was a walk.

Here are 10 things to know about prep right-hander Jared Kelley, MLB Pipeline’s No. 12 Draft prospect, whom the White Sox nabbed in the second round on Thursday (47th overall).

Comment

This is the kid that brought all the scouts to our game last year. We were part of those 34 strikeouts. one of the non strike outs was a walk.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-draft-p...-facts-to-know
                                kid seems legit

Comment

Working...
                                X