Cost of concrete? Flatwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of concrete? Flatwork

Need to pour an apron on the shop and a patio.

14x22 and 20x30.

Houston Area. What should I be paying these days?

I’m thinking around $4 a foot. Been awhile since I’ve had any done though.

Comment

I was quoted $149/yd calling Texas Ready mix direct. Called my concrete contractor friend and he quoted much, much less.

Comment

In the Wise County area I'm getting $5-7/foot. That's no dirt work, just forms, rebar and finish

Comment

interested in the Houston area too. I'll have a 30-50 workshop I need to pour soon.

Comment

I`m just glad I built our house and shop 3 years ago. Everything has gone thru the roof since then.

Comment

I get ~$6/foot for turn key concrete work. If it’s a bigger project, I can adjust down some. Concrete is running $115-$120 per cubic yard. Rebar and lumber prices have increased quite a bit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4.50 a foot. Just got finished having my shop built and now i need to widen my driveway and pour the new one in front of the shop so thats current pricing.

Comment

Jumping ships but has anyone heard anything about shortage of Portland cement? I had a developer/builder tell me today in NE TX that their roads would be delayed because of this in a new subdivision.

Comment

wow those are cheep number i wish i could get that in the Shiner Texas Area

Comment

Since this is a small project, what are my chances of finding someone to just pour/finish it?

I could do the dirt work and frame it out.

Plan on using the steel wire mesh unless someone talks me into using rebar. No vehicles will drive/park on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                        Jumping ships but has anyone heard anything about shortage of Portland cement? I had a developer/builder tell me today in NE TX that their roads would be delayed because of this in a new subdivision.
                        I’m working out in Phoenix, and concrete is very hard to find out here

Comment

i just got quoted $757 for 5 yards, that is just for concrete, we are going to do the rest ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                            One of the major Portland Cement suppliers in the DFW area had 1 of 2 kiln's go down, with an estimated 1 year wait on getting it up and running again... so yes, it's feasible that there will be shortages and customer allocations.

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
                              One of the major Portland Cement suppliers in the DFW area had 1 of 2 kiln's go down, with an estimated 1 year wait on getting it up and running again... so yes, it's feasible that there will be shortages and customer allocations.
                              Wow right in the middle of the building boom

Comment

Working...
                              X