3D in San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D in San Antonio?

Are there any 3D shoots in San Antonio this weekend?

If not, where is a good range?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Call camp bullis. Don't know if they have opened back up the 3d shoots since covid kicked off.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bfuqua99 View Post
        Are there any 3D shoots in San Antonio this weekend?

If not, where is a good range?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
        Closest monthly shoot to SA that i know that is currently running is Fredericksburg Archery Club. They run one a month but the last shoot was on the 16th so we have a while for the next. I'm actually looking for somewhere to go myself this weekend. the only place i know of that you can shoot multiple distances is "A Place to Shoot" on the Southside. The archery area is rarely used from what i can tell when I've been there to shoot the long guns but you are shooting paper, not 3D. I would also say check with Bullis and see if they are back up and running yet.

*edit* Just check Fredericksburg and it looks like this last shoot was it for the year.
        Last edited by Abu_dude; 08-20-2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I'm interested aswell in 3-D around San Antonio. Really getting back into it and have just been shooting at the house and at Leading Edge in Boerne. Hell its been since 2014 that I logged on here.

Comment

Are there any 3D shoots on the east side I live out in LA Vernia?

Comment

Camp bullis is Feb 27 & 28th

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bringing this to the top. Where is my best option to shoot 3D in the area? I want to take my wife to shoot a 3D course. Is there a good place to join?

I typically shoot at A Place to Shoot if I need to shoot past 20 yards.

Comment

There is a lot of club shoots in the area... just have to catch the dates they are doing it.

Archers Haven in Canyon Lake has a field course always set up. Pretty cheap to get a membership and you can when you like. Occasionally they will have some 3D targets out after a shoot. It's where I go to get ready for elk season.

Austin Archery Club is another option. Not sure on membership there. I've just done their monthly shoot in the past. It's pretty laid back and you can shoot the course a little longer on some targets if you are just doing it for a tune up for hunting out west.

Comment

Fletcha Brothers might be another option. They are west of Canyon Lake, I think. The Texas ASA championship will be held there next weekend. Not sure what their regular schedule looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                      There is a lot of club shoots in the area... just have to catch the dates they are doing it.

Archers Haven in Canyon Lake has a field course always set up. Pretty cheap to get a membership and you can when you like. Occasionally they will have some 3D targets out after a shoot. It's where I go to get ready for elk season.

Austin Archery Club is another option. Not sure on membership there. I've just done their monthly shoot in the past. It's pretty laid back and you can shoot the course a little longer on some targets if you are just doing it for a tune up for hunting out west.
                      Archers Haven doesn't have much info on there website about what all they offer.

AAC is on the list and I may just join there. I doubt I will get there enough to justify the cost, but at least I the money will be there to help support the club.

I am more interested in practice than I am going to shoots.

Comment

Archers Haven has a 28 target Field Archery Course...In Field Archery shots go out to 80 yards. Most of the course is inside some thick cedar like AAC. So not a lot of wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                          Archers Haven has a 28 target Field Archery Course...In Field Archery shots go out to 80 yards. Most of the course is inside some thick cedar like AAC. So not a lot of wind.

Good to know. I’m not familiar with field archery. Is that the same thing as a 3D course but just paper targets at different distances?

Archers Haven might be the ticket to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            Good to know. I’m not familiar with field archery. Is that the same thing as a 3D course but just paper targets at different distances?

Archers Haven might be the ticket to start.
                            Yup, you nailed it. I like it for really "dialing" in my pin or pins for the longer shots. Nice to have some spots to shoot at as they always leave up old target faces.

They have some different terrain out there to... flat, uphill, downhill shots.

Comment

Archers Haven was exactly what I was looking for . We had a great time shooting the field course this morning. Karla kicked my butt!

I

Comment

Working...
                              X