Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    WTH? People shooting at rescuers ?
    Yes. From what I gather from the other thread they are acting like they need rescuing to bring the boats over and then shoot at them/try to take the boat

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Be safe out there. Let me know if you need anything, hope you brought more bullitos

Comment

Be safe out there

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
          Jumping in with my older brother. He's been out all day pulling people out of neighborhoods. Wish us luck and safety. He said it was tough this morning with all the people that were stranded. Especially with kids.

If you make it there I have an address I'd like to text you in lakes of bridgewater. .....see http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...1#post12689791.

Be safe

Comment

This may sound ignorant but how big a boat can you get in down there? I've got an 18 foot tracker v18 and was wondering if if would do more hurt than good. I wanna be there to help

Comment

Originally posted by Diamonddan View Post
              This may sound ignorant but how big a boat can you get in down there? I've got an 18 foot tracker v18 and was wondering if if would do more hurt than good. I wanna be there to help
              Haven't seen the area, is it a flat bottom?

Comment

Katy PD/FD made the call for volunteers with boats. The Katy area is flooded badly, like many other places.

Comment

It's a v bottom

Comment

It sits in about a foot of water before it flattens out in the back

Comment

Originally posted by Diamonddan View Post
                      It sits in about a foot of water before it flattens out in the back
                      Could probably help in much of the area that is in 6 ft of water

Comment

How are people getting boats launched. Is it as simple as backing in at neighborhoods? Is there more to it?

Comment

Sorry so may questions. All kinda new to me

Comment

Ok. So here's the deal. We launched by dropping the boat and trailer and walking them both until we could get the boat off. The water was between thigh deep and knee deep on the street so we had to walk it through current. Once we got into deeper water it was easier. How ever we got crappy info from someone coordinating this area. We fought through deep water to cross a creek then pushed forward to find the neighborhood we were trying to get into with only 6-8 inches of water... people were driving around!!! Was a waste of time and took a couple hours to get to the location...

Here is the deal. You HAVE to have a shallow water running boat. Launching is a biatch. Surface drive or fan boat is crucial bc of the various water depth. Fiberglass boats take a beating bc of hitting curbs and all other crazy crap under water.

We took some damage to the grottoes cable and drive cable so the boat is out of commission.

Also, they put a 10 pm curfew so anyone in the water past 10 WILL BE ARRESTED!!!

The last pic is showing where we fought through and where we got to. The green is where people were driving around and it was reported flooded...

Comment

Guys, thanks for trying. Great people in Texas. Other people doing rescues be careful.

Comment

It wasn't a total waste. My brother with aide from another guy pulled 32 people out of extremely high water this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X