Bluebirds are MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluebirds are MIA

I haven’t seen any bluebirds since the big freeze. We found several frozen in the snow. One of my neighbors found 7 pairs jammed into one of his bluebird houses all frozen to death. Have any of you folks seen any lately?

All mine died...tried putting out mealworms for em but it wasn't enough

Comment

While we didnt have any bluebirds, we were overrun with house sparrows.

Since the freeze, there are not many still around. I have noticed a HUGE influx of warblers and finches though.

Comment

We saw quite a few out west this weekend, watched them for a good bit hunting grasshoppers. The boys enjoyed it.

The same few are hanging out at the house as usual, haven’t noticed any drop in numbers here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 2 pairs we have here made it through the freeze just fine

Comment

Usually see quite a about now. Seen one.

Comment

We currently have 2 hanging around. I havent seen them eating the meal worms I have out for them though.

Comment

We have several hanging around. Waller area.

Comment

We have quite a few behind the house in Crosby.

Comment

We have a pair with babies in our blue bird box now

Comment

Have my same pair back in their house. This is in Spring. The male gives the squirrels hale.

Comment

We normally do not have any bluebirds but this winter we found two dead around our house. Pretty sad but Ma nature is pretty cruel sometimes.

Comment

We have several in our yard, don't think it was cold enough for us to lose any in or area.

Comment

So glad to hear of survivors! Our town , Wills Point, was the official bluebird capital of Texas for whatever that’s worth. Years ago our community put up hundreds of bluebird houses and they showed up in a big way. I’m sure they will make a comeback!

Comment

All of mine survived. During the snow, they were eating the peanut suet cakes with the other birds.
                              I feed 500 mealworms a week.

Need to check the nest and see if’n they hatched yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X