Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From now on, I'm a hardass on selling stuff here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done a few dozen deals over the years, and have only had 2 where the guys backed out w/o a word. Relisted and sold pronto. Maybe naive, but I still trust the Greenscreen.

Comment

I’ll pay you the second Tuesday of next week for a couple of implants today Doc!

Comment

People aren't made like they used to be!! Sad

When he said he would send someone else, thats a red flag. RUN

Comment

Personally, I have had good experiences with selling pups on TBH. The people here are awesome to deal with, you get some tire kickers that may not respond back, but that's ok. I think I botched a sale for one customer, but if I remember we got it corrected.

Now buying stuff, sometimes that's a separate adventure. Had a couple that got under my skin, but you cant make people sale you their stuff. It isn't always first come first serve. Just gotta roll on.

Comment

Just sad to hear this! I have bought and sold stuff on here and NEVER had anything but positive results. Sorry for your frustration. I still believe TBH is the best group of people to deal with!

Comment

The "I'll take it" is always followed by a "here is my PayPal to send/receive payment" No payment, no hold.

I have bought and sold a lot on TBH. Had a few bad deals, some slow deals, but most are really good.

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
                Anti-semitic and completely inappropriate. No place for that here. Good bunch of folks on this site and hateful language of this kind is wrong and beneath you and TBH.
                Actually there is no place here on TBH for snowflakes that faint at the first thing that ain't perfect. Take the whiny little entitled attitude somewhere else. Most of us can take be called names a whole lot worse than that. Quit trying to make something out of nothing.

Comment

All in all, I don't think enough people were raised to understand how person to person transactions work for generic goods. The handshake, or a man's name, or word, just don't mean anything to some people.

As a seller, it's also on you to read the person you are dealing with, and deal accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    All in all, I don't think enough people were raised to understand how person to person transactions work for generic goods. The handshake, or a man's name, or word, just don't mean anything to some people.

As a seller, it's also on you to read the person you are dealing with, and deal accordingly.

Very good advice Dale!

One of the most important things my dad taught me from a very early age is that if a man's word don't mean nothin', he's not much of a man. You word and integrity are to of the most important characteristics one can have.

Comment

On the other hand I have gotten some great deals on here and sold a few things. I have also been part of some pretty crazy TBH Expresses one just here recently, Where I left a nice rifle in hidden at a deer camp and it was picked up and delivered to a guy and another rifle returned to the same case hidden at deer camp. A few bad apples wont spoil the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
                        Anti-semitic and completely inappropriate. No place for that here. Good bunch of folks on this site and hateful language of this kind is wrong and beneath you and TBH.

Jordan, I’ve appreciated your posts over the years, but you know that’s not what this was. Anti-Semitic? Most Texans wouldn’t recognize a Jewish person unless they were dressed in traditional orthodox attire carrying a menorah. Also, stereotypes exist for a reason...because they’ve been earned. I’m not sure if you’re Jewish or not, but don’t be offended by the term “Jew them down”. It’s never been meant as derogatory, the Jewish people have long been known as astute and shrewd businessmen. People from Arkansas don’t get offended when you assume they have “relations” with kin folk. Again, earned stereotypes.

My .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          Ya that’s no good.

I kind of did the reverse...I spoke for a rifle on here that a friend of mine said he wanted. Seller said it was mine even though we hadn’t worked out payment yet, and he closed the thread. Before I sent payment, my friend backed out. Now I own a very nice rifle that I didn’t want.

I’ve been known to honor a deal as well.[emoji6]

Comment

I’ve been lucky over the years and have bought and sold on here for around 20yrs. Just be honest and communicate. The ghosting crap burns me more than anything and I deal with it a lot in my line of work. That said, I do with a rating system were available to us.

Comment

Here’s my rating system. (For example) Hasn’t failed me yet.

I’ve sold $20k items and $20 items. Haven’t seen any reason to be a hardass yet. But I’ll keep an eye out on this new method.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have been lucky on both the selling and the buying...

Comment

Working...
                                X