generator group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

generator group buy

Im looking at a good large whole house dual fuel generator and came across a bulk buy deal.

these WEN generators are like 900 plus tax but if I order directly from WEN and buy 6 they discount it to 700 each no tax free shipping.

Switch between gasoline (11,000 surge watts, 8,300 running watt) and propane (9,500 surge, 7,500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial Voltage easily goes from 120-Volt to 240-Volt, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backupĀ  Electric start powers the 457cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a k

If I can get 4 others to join in that would be cool.. Me and one other buddy already want one.

let me know

Mike
    Attached Files

I knew generators sales would go thru the roof

Comment

Lol yep.. I have a small honda already but it's not rated enough for my well pump.. and I'll be ****ed if I had everything else covered but that for this event
      What's cool about this one is that its 50amp 240 and has dual fuel for my 500 gal propane tank if needed
      Plus its not a Commie product that I know of-

Comment

more details about this generator here:

Comprehensive spec review of the WEN DF1100T āœ“Electric start āœ“8300 running watts āœ“11000 peak watts āœ“Powerful āœ“50-amp outlet āœ“Hybrid āœ“On wheels āœ“More quiet and better priced than others? Come find out...

Comment

Thanks for posting that ^^^^

Comment

Wen is China-made just as an FYI.

Comment

Looks like a good one. Are there any advantages to the 30 amp and 50 amp twist lock outlets other than plugging into a breaker box transfer box or for an RV plug?

Can you use those heavier outlets to feed more power downstream for 110v appliances like window units, heaters, etc?

I'm an electrical idiot.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Looks like a good one. Are there any advantages to the 30 amp and 50 amp twist lock outlets other than plugging into a breaker box transfer box or for an RV plug?

Can you use those heavier outlets to feed more power downstream for 110v appliances like window units, heaters, etc?

I'm an electrical idiot.

Thanks.
                20 amp difference

Comment

I actually bought this exact generator not quite a month before the freeze hit and was dang glad I did. I had some neighbors who were more than happy to pull some from it while the power was down as well.

The 30 amp transfer plug is definitely going on the meter box before hurricane season gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    20 amp difference
                    Yeah yeah. But I mean can you take that generator cord and do anything with it besides putting it into a transfer switch. If I only want to power several 110v items, is it a waste of money/gas to get one like that.

Comment

Yeah yeah. But I mean can you take that generator cord and do anything with it besides putting it into a transfer switch. If I only want to power several 110v items, is it a waste of money/gas to get one like that.
                      It is better for what you are wanting. Most of the generators have 20amp's with gfi's and in my experience plugging into the 30 amp is better and less likely to trip than the 20amp, by about 10 amps

Amazon has a 30amp plug/short cord with 4 110 outlets on the other end that works good.

Comment

I think the 50amp is for the 240volt setting. I don't think 110volt is ever over 30amp.......but I'm an old pipefighter.....not a sparky!

Maybe a yellow hat will chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                          Wen is China-made just as an FYI.
                          dangitt! i thought they were an American company!! oh well
                          They are based here in US though.. Illinois

Comment

can you convert this one to natural gas?

Comment

That is a big 240v plug, so if you hooked it up to your panel you would not have to rebalance the system or put in a transfer switch. Depending on the size of your house it may run just about everything. I know it would run my shoebox here, I would just have to manually choose either the AC or the water heater. The downside with a 110v generator is you have to have all of your circuits on the same leg. This may require you to move some breakers around, not a huge deal but I do not want to do it at my house. I currently run a small generator and extension cords. I want to be able to plug in 240 into my main panel and manually turn on what I need using the breakers I already have. 11,000 watts if a ton or power and will use a lot of fuel.

Comment

Working...
                              X