No announcement yet.

The official 2021 APR TBH special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, that would be the ticket running something like the 225 TTSX or a 250-300 berger from the same rifle.

IMO- My experience with the 30 nosler tells me it's about the perfect sized case for a magnum hunting round. The 33 should fall right in line.

Will balance out well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Slick8; 02-22-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      The only potential downside is trying to get that fat @#@ case to feed smoothly But that's on me, not ya'll. Haha
      Thanks

Comment

folder

Robert, I'm interested in the folder...how about 6.5 Grendel in 16"? will definitely be getting one of the AB's as well. Been wanting to try one of those for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-billwjs View Post
          Robert your probably sick of these questions, but thank you for your time and what a great deal. What’s your opinion of the 33 Nosler 24” barrel in the light rig. It’ll need a brake, but wanting something for grizzly and brown bear. I don’t know much about the cartridge, maybe a 300wm would be a better option. Thanks again
          Alamo built my 24" 338RUM-- weighs in (with scope and bipod) at 9.5lbs. I could easily shave off another 8oz going with a lighter scope and one piece rings.

Id say your plan on this build would work well for what you intend. A maneuverable, light, heavy hitter.

I'm running a Titanium 5 port brake-- loud, but it makes that rifle very manageable to shoot. During break in it took 6 rounds for a solid 100 yard zero and then immediately ran it all the way to 800... with factory ammo (250gr LRX)

Soon as I can get to the range I have 250 Bergers and 270 ELDX loaded up to test as well.

Comment

@Stick1

Are there any specific bore diameters that WILL NOT be available in Config#1? Odd balls like .257, .277, .323, .358?

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
              @Stick1

Are there any specific bore diameters that WILL NOT be available in Config#1? Odd balls like .257, .277, .323, .358?
              22, 224, 244, 257, 264, 277, 284, 308, 338 are all good.

Comment

Originally posted by kingkatcher View Post
                Robert, I'm interested in the folder...how about 6.5 Grendel in 16"? will definitely be getting one of the AB's as well. Been wanting to try one of those for a while.
                Will an AICS pattern mag support it, and does Defiance offer a .442" boltface on the AnTi? As soon as I can answer those questions, I can answer yours

Comment

First thanks for doing all of this Robert!
                  I am curious about the overall lengths of the #1 and #2 prototypes as built, also for the folder what is the folded length?

Thanks again!

Comment

Robert,
                    You said you wouldn’t recommend a 26 Nosler for this build. Does the same go for the 28 Nosler? Looking forward to visiting with you guys on an option for a mountain elk / sheep rifle. I’ve borrowed a custom 7mm STW for a previous hunt and thought the 28 would be similar. Thanks!!

Comment

For anyone looking at #2, I currently am running a 260 ackley improved in a 20” proof sendero. It’s very efficient and is a true short action caliber that can be run in mags very easily (2.825” COAL). If you can find some good factory loaded ammo, you can fireform the ackley cases while you’re breaking in your barrel.

I’m also getting 3,000 fps with 130gr bergers out of mine, so very good velocity for that short of a barrel.

*For those considering the 7/08, I’d also highly recommend the ackley improved version for extra horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Georaider View Post
                        Robert,
                        You said you wouldn’t recommend a 26 Nosler for this build. Does the same go for the 28 Nosler? Looking forward to visiting with you guys on an option for a mountain elk / sheep rifle. I’ve borrowed a custom 7mm STW for a previous hunt and thought the 28 would be similar. Thanks!!
                        The 28 can be a handful to get dialed with lighter barrels and factory ammo, but it's much better mannered than the 26.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          Will an AICS pattern mag support it, and does Defiance offer a .442" boltface on the AnTi? As soon as I can answer those questions, I can answer yours
                          good deal... thanks Robert. look forward to hearing the outcome

Comment

Guys remember what this rifle is. Don't ask Robert to make it something its not. This is a great deal on a GREAT rifle. Trust Robert if he says he wouldn't do something. He hates to say no to any of us.
                            If you want something "special" pay the extra $500-$700 and get a "Custom, One-off" gun.
                            These guns are to be built with GREAT care but need to move along quickly so you can get your guns in time to develop a load before you go hunting.
                            KISS

Comment

Order in! 280ai 25" 1:9. Now I just need to find some brass...

Comment

Order in for a #1 and looking to list a kidney for a #2
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201128-200502_Google.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	24645087

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X