Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shoot a .350 legend?

What have your impressions been?

As I understand it, it is needed for rifle hunting in Ohio, Michigan, and Iowa.

Orphan round or up and comer?

I don't know but thats the only ammo academy had yesterday and they had a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by LOC4L View Post
      What have your impressions been?

As I understand it, it is needed for rifle hunting in Ohio, Michigan, and Iowa.

Orphan round or up and comer?
      The ballistics are not impressive at all on this new cartridge...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        The ballistics are not impressive at all on this new cartridge...
        I've read the same thing, and think if people want a 35 in lever will pick the 35 Remington.

Comment

If the 35 Remy isn't straight walked, you cant use it in the above mentioned states.
          I'm sure it's a fine round for closer range shots like under 150 yds.

Comment

Design for the straight wall cartridge requirements up north. I don't have one but i am liking the price of the ammo. I my suppressor was big enough i would have one.

Comment

I don't have one, but I have seen ammo for it in places where all other ammo is sold out.

Comment

It is a hammer on hogs about the same ballistics as a 30 30 with a little flatter trajectory. from what I have seen. I have a friend that had one built he has hammered several hogs with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                  It is a hammer on hogs about the same ballistics as a 30 30 with a little flatter trajectory. from what I have seen. I have a friend that had one built he has hammered several hogs with it.
                  i'd prefer to have the Wilson Combat 300 HAM'R since we don't live in a stupid straight wall state.

Comment

Excellent hunting round for the typical 100 yard deer feeder shot while not having the recoil of 450 bushmaster.

Comment

Gun shops here in Iowa sold all the .350s they could get their hands on last year. With a season in the books most guys that I have talked to that have used both still prefer the .450 Bushmaster. The shops up here will have stacks of cases of .350 and .450 ammo as the season approaches.

Comment

I’ve killed a few critters with mine. It’s works as a “brush” gun in the AR platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The gun was designed as a work around for the northern states rifle season. There are far better cartridges available for hunting here.

Comment

I went with the .450 Bushmaster - with no regrets. Why skimp on power?

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                              I went with the .450 Bushmaster - with no regrets. Why skimp on power?
                              That's what my friends here in Iowa that have hunted with both round think as well. These deer are big bodied. You can read a newspaper thru the hole a .450 will normally make. Here is a big doe shot with the .450 a couple of seasons ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Arrowsmith; 10-08-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X