No announcement yet.

Who's pulled their kids from the BS "education system?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled mine this year. She is going to a private Christian school now and absolutely loves it.

Comment

Certainly not an easy decision to make. One thing to consider, which you probably already have, is that this is (more than likely) temporary. I'm assuming you guys have health insurance through your wife's job ... that may be important enough to keep her job vs leaving the job and becoming self employed.

Good luck...please pray about your decision. Remember, this is only a small moment in time.

Comment

I guess every school district is different. My daughter has to wear a face shield or a mask but business as normal here in Goliad

Comment

My son just started school. He will do the curriculum that they give him but me and the wige will also be giving him additonal projects, lessons and so forth that he will need to complete each day.

Comment

My wife is a Kindergarten teacher at a very rural school 2A. She has all but one student that decided to do online learning. She has 15 kids one online. This one drives me nuts.. always texting and calling random hours of the night.. just get your 5-6 year olds in class and be done. Kids need that socialization. Maybe some of you just need to move out of the big citys.. The kids have recess everyday, lunch in cafe and no masks required till the 4th grade..
            Teachers wear them though...

Comment

I work in public education but my daughter goes to a private Christian school here close to where we live.
              Her school has been wonderful. They are not required to follow all of the same ridiculous policies and mandates as public. They are outside multiple times a day, regular gym, recess, regular social lunch.

Take a look into the measures that Longview ISD approved in a recent board meeting last night. Not sure where any of you guys "Line in the Sand" is on all this stuff going on, but what Longview ISD is working towards is scary and well beyond the reach any school district should have. It is FAR beyond my "line".

Comment

The issue of homeschooling is the fact that 2/3 of my overall taxes goes to the ISD. On principle alone, I get it, but I wish I could at least reduce my tax burden since the system isn't being utilized to its fullest extent to begin with. Our kids are in a virtual classroom till all this gets squared away. If not, we'll take it on a month to month basis.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

We decided to home school, at least for now.
                  At this point, I don't think there is a one size fit all option. Every family has to figure out what works for them based on the available options. A lot of people I know would like to home school, but can't because both spouses work. On the other hand, a lot of people I know have the option of home schooling, but just want the kids out of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Heartland Hunter View Post
                    My wife is a Kindergarten teacher at a very rural school 2A. She has all but one student that decided to do online learning. She has 15 kids one online. This one drives me nuts.. always texting and calling random hours of the night.. just get your 5-6 year olds in class and be done. Kids need that socialization. Maybe some of you just need to move out of the big citys.. The kids have recess everyday, lunch in cafe and no masks required till the 4th grade..
                    Teachers wear them though...
                    I agree with you but some people really don't just have the option to move.

Comment

I am a junior high principal. If I had school-aged children and I didnt feel comfortable sending them to school right now, I would home school rather than remote learn through the district. Remote learning is going to be overwhelming to most students. Might as well home school and choose your own curriculum rather than follow all the TEA guidelines that go with remote learning.

Comment

Originally posted by AWnNETX View Post
                        I work in public education but my daughter goes to a private Christian school here close to where we live.
                        Her school has been wonderful. They are not required to follow all of the same ridiculous policies and mandates as public. They are outside multiple times a day, regular gym, recess, regular social lunch.

Take a look into the measures that Longview ISD approved in a recent board meeting last night. Not sure where any of you guys "Line in the Sand" is on all this stuff going on, but what Longview ISD is working towards is scary and well beyond the reach any school district should have. It is FAR beyond my "line".
                        Honest question. How is testing to see if kids are positive for the Virus crossing a line? If it helps gets schooled opened back up, and stay open how does it hurt anyone, or affect their kid?

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                          Honest question. How is testing to see if kids are positive for the Virus crossing a line? If it helps gets schooled opened back up, and stay open how does it hurt anyone, or affect their kid?
                          Because it's none their d@$% business

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            Because it's none their d@$% business
                            This is where I disagree. They are taking all the risk opening back up, and exposing teachers, staff, and other kids families to possibly get sick. I would put money on the fact that some lawyer is out there just waiting for an outbreak at a school. I do not envy any administrator that makes these decisions, ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                              Would you be ok with your kindergartener being subjected to a q tip shoved up their nose or into their mouth by a school nurse or “qualified and trained employee” twice a week as they enter the school building to get their day started? Then once they take said samples every week, having that information sent to who knows where and to who knows who for them to call the school and say “Little Scubastevo came in today and tested positive....even though he isn’t sick or showing any signs or symptoms he must quarantine at home for 14 days and then must have 2 negative tests before returning to school. Anyone who has been in contact with Little Scubastevo is now under required quarantine also for that time”.

If you do not feel that all of these mandates and policies are already severely affecting kids, then this is a moot point to be discussing I’m afraid.
                              Do you have children of your own or work with children in your profession?
                              If so, ask them sincerely about how they would like to have to be subjected to that weekly.
                              If you don’t have kids of your own or do not work with them, I can assure you, all of this is having an affect.

Comment

Working...
                              X