Chevy Diesel batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy Diesel batteries

What is the normal life for a set of Chevy Diesel batteries?

My batteries are 4 years old. About 65000 miles on this set of batteries.

If it matters 2015 2500HD 4x4 Diesel.

I loaned it to my son and he took it to college and it wont start. Said it is just clicking. He is 4 hours away.

4 to 5 years is probably about right.

Comment

4 years I would not be surprised if they are at the end of life. Cold weather is hard on them. If I don't plug in my 06 or use the glow plugs it will kill the battery quick. Have him jump it check for any lights left on see if it dies again.

Comment

4 years is about what your going to get out of a set of batteries

Comment

3-4

Comment

In December I replaced the batteries for the first time on my 2016 Duramax.

This cold snap did your batteries in I’m afraid. You’re looking at about $550 for both of them.

Comment

About 72 hrs longer than the warranty…. Seriously

I swear ac delco batteries have a timer in them to self destruct

Comment

4-6 years is pretty good for truck batteries. The big freeze in ‘21 killed the batteries in my ‘17, and my wife’s ‘16 Toyota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  About 72 hrs longer than the warranty…. Seriously

I swear ac delco batteries have a timer in them to self destruct

Dude, you have issues…

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Dude, you have issues…

I do…. 2 more of them. Lol

Life long Chevy driver in one way or the other, some good (from long ago)…. Most garbage. And I don’t mind telling people if it helps them

I’d try a parts store battery op if they stand behind them and are cheaper. If same price I’d go back delco just due to a better fit

Comment

It’s not about mileage but rather time. 4 years is about all you get out of batteries with the temperatures they endure in Texas. In the critical infrastructure business we recommend replacing batteries in the 4th year.

Comment

100 100+* days then 0* for 7days on a 3-4 year old battery = sudden death on a battery

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                          In December I replaced the batteries for the first time on my 2016 Duramax.

This cold snap did your batteries in I’m afraid. You’re looking at about $550 for both of them.
                          Man, I think he can get set up with quality batteries for hundreds under $550.

Comment

I'll be the first, maybe the only. I buy truck batteries, car batteries, and boat batteries at WalMart. I but the 5yr batteries and they all have lasted 5yrs or longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                              I'll be the first, maybe the only. I buy truck batteries, car batteries, and boat batteries at WalMart. I but the 5yr batteries and they all have lasted 5yrs or longer.
                              Don't think you are as I know lots of folks who have had good success with wallyworld batteries.

Comment

Working...
                              X