No announcement yet.

Make your pitch for best dog breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Lacy, although they do require quite a bit of attention.

Comment

Maybe this will help you decide.

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? Depends on the dog's point of view....

GOLDEN RETRIEVER: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

BORDER COLLIE: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

DACHSHUND: You know I can't reach that stupid bulb!

ROTTWEILER: Make me.

LAB: Oh, me, me!!!! Pleeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I?

MALAMUTE: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.

JACK RUSSELL TERRIER: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

POODLE: I'll blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

COCKER SPANIEL: Why change it? I can pee on the carpet in the dark.

DOBERMAN PINSCHER: While it's dark, I'm going to sleep on the sofa.

BOXER: Who cares? I can play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

MASTIFF: Mastiffs are NOT afraid of the dark.

CHIHUAHUA: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.

IRISH WOLFHOUND: Can somebody else do it? I've got this hangover and..........

POINTER: I see it, there it is, there it is, right there!

GREYHOUND: It isn't moving. Who cares?

AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle....

OLD ENGLISH SHEEP DOG: Light bulb? That thing I just ate was a light bulb?

HOUND DOG: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        Rhodesian Ridgeback thoughts/opinions?
        This is what I'd like... hunt, protect and family dog. Beautiful dogs.

Comment

Dogs are like good husbands/wives. The uglier they are, the more loyal

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
            Maybe this will help you decide.

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? Depends on the dog's point of view....

GOLDEN RETRIEVER: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

BORDER COLLIE: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

DACHSHUND: You know I can't reach that stupid bulb!

ROTTWEILER: Make me.

LAB: Oh, me, me!!!! Pleeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I?

MALAMUTE: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.

JACK RUSSELL TERRIER: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

POODLE: I'll blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

COCKER SPANIEL: Why change it? I can pee on the carpet in the dark.

DOBERMAN PINSCHER: While it's dark, I'm going to sleep on the sofa.

BOXER: Who cares? I can play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

MASTIFF: Mastiffs are NOT afraid of the dark.

CHIHUAHUA: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.

IRISH WOLFHOUND: Can somebody else do it? I've got this hangover and..........

POINTER: I see it, there it is, there it is, right there!

GREYHOUND: It isn't moving. Who cares?

AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle....

OLD ENGLISH SHEEP DOG: Light bulb? That thing I just ate was a light bulb?

HOUND DOG: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
            That is helpful thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
              This is what I'd like... hunt, protect and family dog. Beautiful dogs.
              There are a lot of them that instincts have been breakout of.

Comment

If it ain’t black, take it back

Comment

If it weighs under 30 pounds it's not a dog. JRT's are dogs. The rest - yawn...

Comment

Lab fits all of your criteria.

Comment

Anything with doodle in the name. Just for the fact of no shedding

At my wits end with the wife’s mutt constant shedding

Comment

Man, those mutts are great dogs. She's defensive of her family, listens to commands very well, and LOVES to play fetch which I'm sure would translate well into fetching birds.

Comment

First choice based on your list would be Lab, with Boykin Spaniel and Vizla bringing a close tie at 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is my little hiking buddy. We are up to 60-80 minutes a day.

I take him around town to meet anyone he runs into. The girls a Dutch brothers give him kisses and post him on SM every morning.
                            He is becoming very well behaved for a young pup.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Make your pitch for best dog breed

I’ve owned a lot of different dogs through the years, mostly being German breeds. Don’t think I’ll look any further than a German wirehair from here on out. Very regal personality that waits for direction. She water retrieved, land retrieved, tracked wounded deer with patience naturally with a want to do it well in the first year. Nothing can hide from her nose. She’s not aggressive, but confident in her ability, and great family dog at the end of the day.

She spends 6-8 hours a day in her kennel in the house while we are at work, never wastes a bark, and frequently makes 5+ hour road trips with us. She can load up into a truck tailgate 5’ off the ground without assistance, and can run 28mph for a mile without slowing across the river bottom hayfield. Firecrackers, thunder and gunshots have never bothered her.

Didn’t have the coin or time to spend on training a drahthaar, and haven’t second guessed my decision once with our less expensive German Wirehair named “Mavis”
                              Last edited by MASTERS; 08-15-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

A Lab checks all your requirements

Comment

Working...
                                X