Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

I went a long time ago and don't recall anything special. Food was good but not great. Just a bunch of Americans inside a big resort with a nice swimming pool. Wasn't really all that cheap either.

What did I miss? Why do people like going there so much, just a good place to get drunk and relax or??

I feel the same about cruise ships... Im not a fan of having things planned out for me.

Comment

I've been to a lot of them in Mexico and DR, etc. Younger days (college) it was all about chasing chicks in Cancun. Don't remember much about those trips. Later on the wife and I have been to a handful and yes, relaxing, having food and liquor on tap, nice pool and beach and we usually booked a fishing charter where ever we were. I've had my fill of them at this point, I am sure we will go back at some point but not my cup of tea anymore. I don't like being hot and sweaty and sandy and sunburnt, not a good combo.

Comment

I get the security aspect and cheap labor leading to reduced costs.

Otherwise I find it retarded to leave the US for a US styled resort. The water and beaches in Cancun is not pleasant and far less attractive than Florida.

Comment

Wife likes to lay on the beach....read, relax and drink. I do that with her but I also like to fish. She can stay on the beach if shes not in the mood to fish and be perfectly happy while I'm away. I have caught sails, mahi mahi and jumped white marlin. We also enjoyed the tours of the Mayan ruins like Chichen-Itza. We have stayed in Cozumel and The Riveria Maya south of Cancun and towards Playa de Carmen. Ddn't spend much if any time at the pools or Cancun.
          Last edited by Smart; 01-26-2023, 10:48 AM.

Comment

An all-inclusive takes a lot of the headache out of a family/big group vacation. The bulk of them just happen to be in Mexico.

Comment

awesome golf courses, beautiful beaches, great fishing, Cabo is fun to walk around with good bars and restaurants - other than that it sucks

Comment

I prefer the mountains. Winter vacations rock.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I went a long time ago and don't recall anything special. Food was good but not great. Just a bunch of Americans inside a big resort with a nice swimming pool. Wasn't really all that cheap either.

What did I miss? Why do people like going there so much, just a good place to get drunk and relax or??
                  Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                  I feel the same about cruise ships... Im not a fan of having things planned out for me.
                  I feel the same about both When I go someplace far from home I’m after something to hunt !

Comment

I never saw the fascination, but that is just me. I enjoy vacationing in the US where I don't have to deal with corruption, different language, gut parasites, swimming in an ocean of turds because the wind changed and sewage is being blow on the beach, and most of all possibly being killed,

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                      I never saw the fascination, but that is just me. I enjoy vacationing in the US where I don't have to deal with corruption, different language, gut parasites, swimming in an ocean of turds because the wind changed and sewage is being blow on the beach, and most of all possibly being killed,
                      pretty evident youve never been south of the border or much less any of the places people have been posting about going to

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        I get the security aspect and cheap labor leading to reduced costs.

Otherwise I find it retarded to leave the US for a US styled resort. The water and beaches in Cancun is not pleasant and far less attractive than Florida.
                        I feel the same way. I`ve only been on the Pacific side (Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo), but my wife has been to Cancun with my son's family, and she said the beach and water @ and near Destin is prettier and clearer. I`m not leaving the country just for vacation to but to each their own. I prefer to have my own vehicle so I can go wherever and whenever I want.

Comment

I had rather go spend a weekend or week at my deer camp and relax

Comment

The excitement in the risk of death or kidnapping maybe

Comment

I also never understood this concept aside from the early 20s fun unlimited drink trip.

Now I take a quick trip to costa and hit up the beaches that are far south and usually just a local tiki type bar/shack with fresh grill and drinks for cheap.. great surf right out front

Comment

Working...
                              X