First lite Uncomphrage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First lite Uncomphrage??

Worth it in your opinion for sitting in a ground blind or spot stalking Colorado/Wyoming? Should I bite the bullet with the big sale going on or look at some comparable product?

Love mine and wouldn’t hesitate

I bought a vest because I liked the jacket so much

Comment

I have the vest, and it’s waaaaaaaaaay to noisy for bowhunting!!! I took it out of my hunting stuff, and now use it for skiing.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sitting in a blind and staying warm and spot and stalking and staying warm requires 2 total different kinds of gear. I’ve got kuiu and Sitka for on the move hunts. And then Sitka incinerator for cold blind hunting. That lightweight mountain stuff keeps heat in but you gotta move to build the heat.

Comment

I ordered the uncompahgre a while back and returned it for the sanctuary set. The uncompahgre would be better for out west when your layering for walking but for sitting in a blind look else where. It's just not gonna keep you as warm and also isn't quite as tough material. The sanctuary stuff is awesome! I've set all day below freezing with just that and a pair of thermals. Even took it to Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Sitting in a blind and staying warm and spot and stalking and staying warm requires 2 total different kinds of gear. I’ve got kuiu and Sitka for on the move hunts. And then Sitka incinerator for cold blind hunting. That lightweight mountain stuff keeps heat in but you gotta move to build the heat.
            How do you like that Incinerator Jacket? I run all of the Sitka big game stuff, but thinking about adding that piece for the really cold high rack hunts. Trying to decide between that and the Blizzard Parka.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              I have the vest, and it’s waaaaaaaaaay to noisy for bowhunting!!! I took it out of my hunting stuff, and now use it for skiing.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              What Bisch said ^^^^
              I returned mine as well

Comment

i got their leafy jacket that i really like along with some of their wool base layers. good stuff.

Comment

Agreed-Not for tree stand sitting due to noise. I use mine for when sitting down to glass an area but wouldn’t ever hike in it. It also doubles very nicely as a pillow for backpack hunts. Check out the Catalyst soft shell; might be more appropriate and is quiet enough to wear in a tree. Haven’t tested out the sanctuary yet but certainly want to.

Comment

Seems like a luxury item so I’ll pass. Just can’t quite decide on the all season jacket to get. Looked at some hoodies, maybe a soft shell?

Comment

Hope so, i bought the jacket last week when the sale started

Comment

Can’t bow hunt in it. It is for the spot portion of spot and stalk hunting. I love
                        Mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TXCreed90 View Post
                          I ordered the uncompahgre a while back and returned it for the sanctuary set. The uncompahgre would be better for out west when your layering for walking but for sitting in a blind look else where. It's just not gonna keep you as warm and also isn't quite as tough material. The sanctuary stuff is awesome! I've set all day below freezing with just that and a pair of thermals. Even took it to Wyoming.

Sanctuary can’t be beat. Without a doubt. And it’s amazing how quiet it is.

Comment

I've heard nothing but good about it for insulation properties, but a lot about how noisy it is...

I have the Kuiu equivalent the Kenai and its pretty dang quiet, it's one of my favorite pieces of gear

The Sanctuary gear is nice, I have a prototype pair of the pants and I like them a lot. Almost as tough as Sitka Timberlines but much quieter

Comment

IMO first lite is loud at least the stuff I have . I also have a lot of Kuiu great and it’s been on point .

Comment

Working...
                              X