Son got it done this evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son got it done this evening

My son has developed a huge passion for hunting and for the outdoors. He spends most of his time outside with his younger brother playing hunting and fishing games. Loves his hunting shows, and even watches Meat Eater all the time. He started putting some time in behind his rifle this summer and really got dialed in.

Opening morning of the general rifle season we saw this deer, but just couldn't make it happen. Since then he's put in several hours in the blind with me, watching deer through his binoculars, being ever so quiet and still, hoping his deer would make another appearance. But after that first weekend he gave us the slip, showing up only 1 other time on camera. Well, I checked the camera today at lunch while I was out there, and sure enough, he had made an appearance the last 2 evenings. So I get him from school and he's straight to the blind.

It looked like it was going to be another bust, until almost at sunset, deer start piling in single file, one by one to the feeder. And he didnt miss a single one with his binoculars, calling out each one as they came in. I saw this deer coming, but didnt say anything because I wanted to hear his reaction, and boy was it priceless. We got him all set up, but this guy was busy dogging a hot doe, he skipped out as quick as he came in. I told my son to hold his pose and stay ready, that he would be back. Sure enough, he came back in, this time to eat. He patiently held the sights on him as I watched and waited for the perfect shot opportunity. He gave it, I gave him the green light, and without skipping a beat he dropped the hammer and put it right through the sweet spot. Deer made it maybe 60 yards and piled right up.

You'd have thought the next 20 minutes were 20 years to him, but he stuck it out. We made our way out there, and the excitement was just overwhelming for him. He's been on cloud 9. I'm beyond proud of Zachary and how much he has learned this season. He's gonna be a killing machine

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Good stuff right there!!!

Comment

Awesome job Aaron !

Comment

Awesome! How old is your boy?

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
            Awesome! How old is your boy?
            Turned 7 in July

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Congrats to both of y’all !!

Comment

Congratulations to Zack! Job well done on getting a nice buck.

Comment

Very nice, that’s awesome. Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Awesome, Congrats!

Comment

Congrats all around....that smile says it all.

Comment

Way to go

Comment

that smile says it all!

Comment

Working...
                              X