Gummy gun stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gummy gun stock

Have a Benelli Cordoba, pulled it out of the safe and the synthetic stock is all sticky and gummy,

Is there any way of cleaning it up?

Has it been wiped down with any kind of solvent? Many gun solvents - especially those made for bore cleaning have ingredients to dissolve plastic residue. That can damage synthetic stocks

Comment

No Solvents..

Comment

If it has that duratouch finish it just does that over time. I think they have recalled a bunch of weapons with that coating.

Comment

My bowtech did that same thing

Comment

Had a Browning rifle do it. Called Browning and was told there is no fix, to send it to them and they would put new stock on for free. All good now, they even pd shipping both ways if I remember correctly.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
              Had a Browning rifle do it. Called Browning and was told there is no fix, to send it to them and they would put new stock on for free. All good now, they even pd shipping both ways if I remember correctly.

I had a sako they did the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                If it has that duratouch finish it just does that over time. I think they have recalled a bunch of weapons with that coating.
                ^ This.

Sprayed myself down with Off on a varmint hunt and it must of got on my Browning Varmint Stalker .22-250 (with a duratouch stock). The next time I took it of the safe it was all gummy and nasty. Browning would not warranty it b/c it was too old. Something about Deet will eat right though certain rubberized coatings.

Comment

Try wiping with rubbing alcohol or Call Benelli. They sent me a recoil pad that turned gummy.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post

This

Call & inquire, it’s probably happened to others

Comment

use some CLP

Comment

Any experience with Beretta on this?

The grip on my Urika 391 is getting like this

Comment

Had a browning do the same thing, they replaced the stock for free and paid the shipping.

Comment

Thanks,

I have called Benelli and left a message. NO return call, will keep trying.

Comment

Had this happen to a butt pad on a T/C Encore. Just threw it away and bought a new one. Figured it was a solvent I used...BUT...I used the same solvent on a Weatherby that I put a Hogue stock on. The grippy type with no issues. Been using Frog lube since.
                              Guess certain compounds are more sensitive? Is that the right word? I do not want the internet police knocking.

Comment

Working...
                              X