Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing quite like the smell of a prolapsed cow in the morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing quite like the smell of a prolapsed cow in the morning.

Someone digging manure out of her and then pouring hot water over things. Mmmmm that smell will make you NOT be interested in food for a while. Oh the joys of tending to cattle!! Just the sight of it will make some folks toss their cookies.

No, I won’t be sharing any pictures of it. Not something I’d snap pics of anyhow.

Then you have to sew things up, bad enough to make your first beer taste bad after you finish.

Comment

Sold a cow last week because she was prolapsed. Sewed her up and off to the sale barn.

Comment

I spent about an hour and a half one time helping my brother in law stuff one back in.....that was hard work.

Comment

When I was about 13 or14 I was riding my horse checking cows and saw two cows prolapsed. I have never seen that before. I rushed back to my dad and told him we’ve got some problems. That was in the 80s. Weird deal. I haven’t seen another since then.

Comment

I absolutely hate finding one like that, all the years working for Bar M I only saw one, and she didn't make it, coyotes got her.

Comment

Shoot, cut a little of that off and slap it on a plate with Tabasco

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Smells like Whataburger.

Comment

As someone who is only an expert on cattle when it comes to eating them, what causes a prolapse?

Comment

Not near as rank as digging out screwworms from a cancer-eyed herford cow. That's gotta be the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                      Smells like Whataburger.
                      LMAO...…….that is funny! But YOU WILL BE BANNED from TBH now!!!!

Comment

Only seen one prolapsed cow in my life ended up having to put her down. Not a pretty sight for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                          Someone digging manure out of her and then pouring hot water over things. Mmmmm that smell will make you NOT be interested in food for a while. Oh the joys of tending to cattle!! Just the sight of it will make some folks toss their cookies.

No, I won’t be sharing any pictures of it. Not something I’d snap pics of anyhow.

Lol
                          You got a job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                            As someone who is only an expert on cattle when it comes to eating them, what causes a prolapse?
                            Kind of like women getting into their 40's and early 50's. Things loosen up and begin to go downwards. Hope I don't get in trouble with this answer.

Comment

Absolute worst is cutting/pulling out in pieces a dead calf after it's been cooking in one for a couple days.... I really wonder when city ranchers are going to realize it's not a great idea to breed your first year angus heifers to a 2,000lb Charlois bull and only check them on the weekends??

Comment

Working...
                              X