Grass/Weed Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass/Weed Killer

I need something that is a one and done kind of deal. I have a small project going on in my backyard where I'm going to put some crushed rock in. I have a mixture of Bermuda, St. Augustine and wonderful crab grass. The area is only about 200 sq ft. Any suggestions on a quick kill mix?

Roundup.

Comment

Roundup + fusilade

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        Roundup.
        I've used roundup before in an attempt to kill grab crass and it didn't work very well.

Comment

Diesel and Remedy hasnt kept anything alive I sprayed with it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Farmworks 41% Glyphosate is cheaper and as good as Roundup IMO. Get it at TSC. Works really good this time of year in the heat.

Comment

Mojave (generic Sahara since I don’t think they make Sahara anymore) will sterilize the soil and you’ll have dirt wherever you apply it for a year or so. Just be careful of any runoff and where you apply.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                Mojave (generic Sahara since I don’t think they make Sahara anymore) will sterilize the soil and you’ll have dirt wherever you apply it for a year or so. Just be careful of any runoff and where you apply.
                Think I'll give this a shot. This particular area is isolated from the rest of the grass so runoff shouldn't be an issue. Going to be laying crushed rock around my patio and ac unit. It'll look really nice and keep me from having to try and mow that odd patch of grass.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
                  I've used roundup before in an attempt to kill grab crass and it didn't work very well.
                  I've never seen any grass Roundup won't kill, mixed properly.

Comment

Following

Comment

Think I'll give this a shot. This particular area is isolated from the rest of the grass so runoff shouldn't be an issue. Going to be laying crushed rock around my patio and ac unit. It'll look really nice and keep me from having to try and mow that odd patch of grass.
                      Mojave is some bad stuff! But regardless, we still have grasses and weeds come up through our packed and rolled caliche drive and lay down yard at the shop. I’d hit it with Mojave’s and then you’ll just need to spot spray with glyphosate here and there when weeds start to poke through.

Comment

Remedy

Comment

Be careful, not just runoff but how it spreads through the soil. For example, when you pour out a 5 gallon bucket in one spot, after a while, the ground is wet further out than where you poured it. The chemical will do the same thing, just be sure no trees or other vegetation you want to protect aren't close by.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                            Be careful, not just runoff but how it spreads through the soil. For example, when you pour out a 5 gallon bucket in one spot, after a while, the ground is wet further out than where you poured it. The chemical will do the same thing, just be sure no trees or other vegetation you want to protect aren't close by.
                            Appreciate the tip. This particular patch of grass in completely surrounded by my paved driveway. It is in the shape of an L. So the chance of it moving to anything else is pretty slim.

Comment

Esplanade EZ. Will have it dead in two days or so and last about a year. The mix is a 2.5 gal jug poured into 30 gal of water. That’ll be way more than you need but that’s all there is to it. No other surfactants or anything else to add.

Comment

Working...
                              X