Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas HB 972 - Seabolt's Bill - SAVE YOUR BOWHUNTING RIGHTS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas HB 972 - Seabolt's Bill - SAVE YOUR BOWHUNTING RIGHTS!!!

Hi TBH Community,

Please help support HB 972. It has been years of work to get this bill filed, and it is now in committee. And we all need to pull together as true conservationist and gain back out bow hunting rights and prevent counties from taking them away like a few have already!

Please follow this link: https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup...86R&Bill=HB972

Please email, call, text, write a letter, smoke signal, anything you can do with the members of this committee and tell them to get this bill into review and voted positive out of this committee to the house floor for a vote. After you click on the link, simply click on the committee members for their contact info. Do you know one of them? Call them! Maybe you know someone that knows them, call that person!

This process will not be successful without all the TBH power and support, so please, please, help and pull this through and stay the course, we will all have to work together as hunters to get this all the way to the governors desk.

ttt

Comment

Done

Comment

So you don't want any regulations when it comes to hunting with bows in a subdivision? What does this bill actually do?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          So you don't want any regulations when it comes to hunting with bows in a subdivision? What does this bill actually do?
          Beat me to it. It was kind of fuzzy to me as well. Its very vague. From what i understand, they want to make a law that says the subdivisions cannot ban hunting with archery equipment?

Comment

Where can I read the bill? I clicked the link and the only thing I saw was a one page deal that could hardly be called an introduction.

Comment

Not tracking here. Can't support something I can't read and understand

Comment

The bill would repeal Texas Local Government Code Chapter 235 Subchapter C. The operative provision of Subchapter C states:

"To promote the public safety, the commissioners court of a county by order may prohibit or otherwise regulate hunting with bows and arrows on lots that are 10 acres or smaller and are located in the unincorporated area of the county in a subdivision."

HB 972 text (click on the pdf icon): https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup...86R&Bill=HB972

Chapter 235 (scroll down to Subchapter C to see what will be deleted: https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D...LG.235.htm#235

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                  Beat me to it. It was kind of fuzzy to me as well. Its very vague. From what i understand, they want to make a law that says the subdivisions cannot ban hunting with archery equipment?
                  i have a buddy that lived in a neighborhood with big lots, he was sitting on his patio one sunday grilling and said he just happened to look out in the yard and notice an arrow stuck in the ground, had no idea how it got there. a few mins later his neighbor knocks at the door, freaked out pretty good, and said he was shooting his bow in his backyard and his fingers slipped, arrow went right over the fence.

i trust myself enough to hunt in a subdivision, but not necessarily all my neighbors.

Comment

so as hunters we should be as a group, so not just this for the archery but for both archery and firearms as both are being attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                      The bill would repeal Texas Local Government Code Chapter 235 Subchapter C. The operative provision of Subchapter C states:

"To promote the public safety, the commissioners court of a county by order may prohibit or otherwise regulate hunting with bows and arrows on lots that are 10 acres or smaller and are located in the unincorporated area of the county in a subdivision."

HB 972 text (click on the pdf icon): https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup...86R&Bill=HB972

Chapter 235 (scroll down to Subchapter C to see what will be deleted: https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D...LG.235.htm#235
                      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        i have a buddy that lived in a neighborhood with big lots, he was sitting on his patio one sunday grilling and said he just happened to look out in the yard and notice an arrow stuck in the ground, had no idea how it got there. a few mins later his neighbor knocks at the door, freaked out pretty good, and said he was shooting his bow in his backyard and his fingers slipped, arrow went right over the fence.

i trust myself enough to hunt in a subdivision, but not necessarily all my neighbors.
                        I agree

Comment

This story doesn't sound like it pertains to hunting, but rather target practice. Not sure practicing in your back yard is covered under any of the topics being discussed within these existing laws and potential bills.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                            This story doesn't sound like it pertains to hunting, but rather target practice. Not sure practicing in your back yard is covered under any of the topics being discussed within these existing laws and potential bills.
                            right, because accidents, like fingers slipping off a string, dont happen while hunting. c'mon man.

Comment

right, because accidents, like fingers slipping off a string, dont happen while hunting. c'mon man.
                              of course they do, but you are using a non hunting incident to support a restriction on hunting. Just doesn't seem logical to me, especially since regulating hunting will do nothing to prevent the example you used. I'll come along when the logic works.

Comment

Working...
                              X