Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The power of suggestion. Whitetailed deer for sure

Comment

Head looks like a whitetail to me. A whitetail with a jacked up tail, but still a whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
        Head looks like a whitetail to me. A whitetail with a jacked up tail, but still a whitetail.
        It's a yearling muley. Grey face, big ears, grey body, no white belly, mule deer tail, tan legs (not white). Mule deer.

Comment

Definitely a young mule deer.

Comment

Is there a wheat field in the area? Looks like a whitetil to me with some dried S**T on its tail. Alot of deer get the runs when they eat too much green and not enough roughage.

As far as the lack of white markings I have alot of white tail with no white on legs, no throat patch and limited belly white.

His head and body look whitetail, prob a run down 4.5. Just looks rough from the rut and a coarse winter coat.
            Can't tell ear size from that angle either.

I will say that my initial thought was muley
            Last edited by KactusKiller; 01-05-2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Do you have any whitetail with huge mule deer ears?

Comment

Looks like a mule deer to me. That's about 100 miles too far east though. The tail tells the tale.

Only muledeer I pic I have in my phone. Disregard the antlers and look and the tail of this buck and the tail of the buck the op posted. They're almost identical.
                Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 01-05-2016, 10:20 AM.

Comment

that is definitely a mule deer!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunt-R View Post
                    that is definitely a mule deer!
                    No doubt about it

Comment

I assume that is the only pic you have of him?

Comment

I would say mulie. There are some ranches that raise mulies. Could have got out. Could just be a native that went walk about. It's really not out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

Mule Deer all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            Is there a wheat field in the area? Looks like a whitetil to me with some dried S**T on its tail. Alot of deer get the runs when they eat too much green and not enough roughage.

As far as the lack of white markings I have alot of white tail with no white on legs, no throat patch and limited belly white.

His head and body look whitetail, prob a run down 4.5. Just looks rough from the rut and a coarse winter coat.
                            Can't tell ear size from that angle either.

I will say that my initial thought was muley
                            No farm land anywhere near us. For 50 miles or so. All the whitetail pics I had don't have one that is similar to this guy.
                            But idk.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              I assume that is the only pic you have of him?
                              Yes. I have looked back thru the camera that was close to this creek for months. No pics of him. But I place a camera back in that creek bed l. Hopefully there are more pics of him on there. We'll see

Comment

Hard to say. Almost looks mulie but for area I'd guess Whitetail.

Comment

Working...
                                X