The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
    What about a maverick with a carbon barrel option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    there is a gray camo maverick manbun for sale that's sexy.

But a classis gun would be cool. case hardened...never thought about it but sounds legit

Comment

That classic is a very sharp looking rifle! Totally get why alot seem to be drawn to it!

For me I still would love to see either a version of the Tomahawk with may be a CF barrel. Or A version of last years or 2018. Maybe with adjustable comb and fairly verticle grip. Someway to keep it more forgiving for shooting at range. I really like last years and the adjustable version but most seem to prefer the hunting style so something like the adjustable game warden or scout? Lastly a long range heavy would be cool too.

For me I would just use them more for both hunting and steel. I also have alot of nice "classic" rifles in the safe and they just dont get used much.

But I know I dont have much skin in the game. I'm one guy and a "young" member at that! No matter what I'm excited to see what robbert and APR come up with! I know they will be sharp looking and tack drivers!
      Last edited by OSU Fisher; 12-04-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Man, I am in the boat of a tack driving .223 wylde. Something my young kids can use effectively.

Comment

If you're going for a good chassis. Throw it on a Q side chick chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
            I may have to change my vote to Classic Hunter. Possibly sub out the barrel for a 20in Proof Sendero Light in 257Bob or a Creedmoor. This would make the perfect whitetail rifle.
            This gets my vote!

Comment

I don't know maybe I'm just old school but I don't care for the idea of a "classic" rifle with a plastic or composite stock that is trying to look like wood. If we are going classic route then my vote would be for a real wood stock. That being said I would still rather see something similar to last years build but with an adjustable comb. Just my .02

Comment

i like the idea of a "classic" as well!

Comment

I would only be interested in the lightweight rifle option that has been mentioned by others to take out west on backpack hunts. Something in that 6 pound range that was mentioned as more economically achievable than the 4.5-5 lb option.

I've already got myself a nice purdy custom wood stock/blued rifle. Just gotta see how the budget plays out on this new home build.

Comment

Man I like the looks and digging the idea of a light weight classic hunter. Man that screams 30.06 or .270. Love that red butt pad and the wood look. Hmmm maybe a 338.06 would be on tap for this.

Comment

I would be in for the classic option also.

Comment

Another last year for me. I drug around and missed out. Im thinking 2019 in a 6.5 prc

Comment

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

I’ve been kicking myself all year long for not getting in on last year’s build. That’s what I’d want. Something similar to last year.

Super heavy long range doesn’t appeal to me. The classic hunter doesn’t really either. I’ve got several “classic hunting rifles” and with all due respect to APR, I couldn’t justify the custom cost for a classic hunter.

Last edited by Bullseye07; 12-04-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Ultralight hunter hits my want list
                              Me also...

Comment

I watched the past couple years and just didnt have the change to get in on the action. Who knows what this year will hold but my 2 cents would be a hybrid PRS/Stand Rifle. In my mind this would be a short action (308/6.5CM) with a 18" heavy contour (possibly carbon) with a vertical grip stock and adjustable cheek piece. This configuration should be right around maybe even less than 10lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X