Michigan Hunt Semi Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan Hunt Semi Live

The wife and I have headed back to Michigan for another hunt. We are hunting with a friend in Van Buren County. We made the 1200 mile trip in 2 days, arriving yesterday afternoon. We spent the night in Springfield, Illinois right around the corner from Abe Lincolns house. We went to see it Saturday morning before we headed out to Michigan. It’s a public land hunt and we could only get buck tags, so our options are now limited. 2 years ago my wife killed a nice buck that weighed 185 lbs. We hunted 3.5 days and I only saw 1 buck, and he wasn’t in bow range. I was ready to shoot a doe this year, but that isn’t an option anymore. I have my bow, she has the muzzle loader. We have today till Wednesday to get the job done. I have my thermos of coffee and one with soup, going to try and stay in the stand all day, if I can stay warm. It’s 29 right now. Good thing is, there isn’t any snow in the forecast, but it gets cold in a tree!
    Will update in the evenings probably, cell service is spotty here.

Put up some pictures from Springfield. We had to take everything from the bed of the truck into the hotel, that is a pain but not to bad. The brown house is Lincoln’s, pretty cool. A National Historical park in downtown.
    Hopefully in the next few days I can add some LDP’s!
    Attached Files

Comment

Good luck!! Following along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck, I like hunting Jackson Michigan didn't make it this year.

Comment

Good luck and safe travels!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Best of luck, sounds like a cool adventure.

Comment

Nothing today. We both stayed out all day today. My wife had gobbler come in, but it isn’t turkey season and I had a young doe come in right at dark. Man these woods are thick, not like what I’m used to in Texas. I guess this might be like East Texas hunting. I have 2 shooting lanes and that’s it.
                Well, back at em tomorrow.
                Attached Files

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Well crud....just appreciate the adventure ( I know you are)
                    Better luck tomorrow to yall

Comment

Awesome that you’re up there...I use to hunt near Romeo, Mi. Miss my big bodied deer!! Go get’em!![emoji1687][emoji1687]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I hunted VB county for a long while... way back when. My fam has a lake house there. I went to school at Western Mich and managed to get some land to hunt about 10 minutes from the house, 30 minutes from campus. Hunted there until I moved to TX. Miss that land/area. I also hunted Jackson, and some other areas in the east side of the state. I even hunted some public land near campus in Portage. Fun memories. Good luck in the Mitten.

Comment

Good luck to yall in the morning !!!!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X