Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got a TC encore in 25-06 and it’s a great gun and round

Comment

I've had at least 2 for as long as I can remember.My favorite bullet is a Sierra soft point,100gr.My all time favorite caliber.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
        Very impressed with the reviews on here. Now anyone got one they’d sell? Lol
        May not be what youre looking for, but it's a shooter. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=736260

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
          Wow! Everything sound real positive. Thanks guys!
          Notice no one ever answered the question about the blood trails. I have had many for years. Heck my screen name on thf is 2506. I'm telling you this if exits are a must for you this isnt the round. You not going to get alot of them. But high shoulder shots will flatline them . I've had really soft bullets blow up when shooting deer at close range. My opinion is go with the heavy 117 gr or the 85 gr in the barnes. Everything cup and core in between can get sketchy because of the speeds. Yeah you can slow it down but then you just might as well get a 257 bob
          Last edited by DWA; 11-24-2019, 04:37 AM.

Comment

I shoot one and love it, good all around caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
              Love mine, fantastic round. hard hitting,flat shooting. Have a sendero in 25-06 and I’ve killed a couple hundred deer with it. Previous owner killed over a 1000 deer and kicks himself for selling it to me.
              Over 1200 deer with a single rifle has to be a record...

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                My 25-06 is a TC Prohunter. It is pretty accurate with projectiles under 100 gns. The twist rate in the barrel won’t stabilize bullets any heavier than that.

My .257 Roberts handles the heavier projectiles just fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Find you a regular Encore bull barrel.. I have both, the Pro Hunter barrel and the Encore. The Encore is 4" shorter and shoots 117gr very accurate.. The Pro Hunter barrels are to long and accuracy is very inconsistent in mine.. You can also have your PH barrel cut down and re-crowned. I'm going to do this with my 7mm08 PH barrel.
                Mike Bellms from "Bellm's TC" actually wrote a great article on the barrel whip/accuracy issues with the longer PH barrels.. It's worth the read.. He says it a design flaw..
                Last edited by PondPopper; 11-24-2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
                  I’m sure that somebody will disagree with me, but I read an article the other day that actually has the 25-06 outperforming the 6.5 creedmore at 500 yards by large margin. I’d have to find it again to see how much less the 25-06 dropped than the creedmore, but it wasn’t even close. I do believe the creedmore has more energy but I thought it was interesting. I have a ruger m77 mII and It’s killed it’s fair share of deer, hogs and varmints. I would highly recommend
                  Like comparing Apples to Lemons.

Comment

The 25-06 has more case capacity than the 6.5. Therefor, it will shoot the same weight projectiles faster, except no one makes any in .257. The 6.5 isn't a fast round. It was developed to be a long range round, and is great at it. It is a little better at longer ranges, and it does it with less recoil. Recoil, and better BC bullets are the only things the 6.5 does better than the 25-06. I own both, but haven't had the 6.5 very long.
                    Several calibers perform better at long range than the creed, but come with penalties like heavy recoil and burning lots of powder. 50 BMG comes to mind on the upper extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                      The 25-06 has more case capacity than the 6.5. Therefor, it will shoot the same weight projectiles faster, except no one makes any in .257. The 6.5 isn't a fast round. It was developed to be a long range round, and is great at it. It is a little better at longer ranges, and it does it with less recoil. Recoil, and better BC bullets are the only things the 6.5 does better than the 25-06. I own both, but haven't had the 6.5 very long.
                      Several calibers perform better at long range than the creed, but come with penalties like heavy recoil and burning lots of powder. 50 BMG comes to mind on the upper extreme.

There plenty of cartridges that perform better than the 6.5CM. The world is getting softer. Recoil is something that really has never bothered me.

Yes the 50BMG whips the hell out the 6.5CM. It shoots flatter and hits way way wayyyyyy harder at any range.

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                        Notice no one ever answered the question about the blood trails. I have had many for years. Heck my screen name on thf is 2506. I'm telling you this if exits are a must for you this isnt the round. You not going to get alot of them. But high shoulder shots will flatline them . I've had really soft bullets blow up when shooting deer at close range. My opinion is go with the heavy 117 gr or the 85 gr in the barnes. Everything cup and core in between can get sketchy because of the speeds. Yeah you can slow it down but then you just might as well get a 257 bob

Erroneous. When talking about bullet penetration; or lack thereof, you can't blame a cartridge or caliber. It's just not that simple. If you're not getting penetration because a bullet is going so fast that it "blows up" or disintegrates on impact, you're shooting the wrong bullet composition.....unless that is your goal (varmint hunting for pelts). Switch to a bonded bullet or quality a-frame and you WILL have a passthrough every time, even if you hit the front shoulder of a big hog. I have never had a bullet shot from my .25-06 NOT pass through, using Federal Fusions or Troohy-Bonded BC's

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                          Always had generous pass-through with the 120 grn. rounds, Speer Grand Slams. Blood trail tremendous.
                          Originally posted by DWA View Post
                          Always had pass-throughs with my .25s, dead deer, lots of blood to follow!

Comment

Got a 25-06 last year and love it. LOTS of blood and if you aren't careful about shot placement, an exit through the offside shoulder can be huge. It doesn't drop deer where they stand as often as my 30-06 does, but they have never made it very far at all.

Comment

[QUOTE=sendit;14524991]I have a 25-06 that shoots so so though I have never shot anything but paper with it. It sits in a safe. I am sure that it would take care of deer and hogs.It's a great round with low recoil.

Cooper? My A-bolt loves 117gn InterLock Hornady American Whitetail.

Comment

[quote=Roger_Roger;14537559]
                                Originally posted by sendit View Post
                                I have a 25-06 that shoots so so though I have never shot anything but paper with it. It sits in a safe. I am sure that it would take care of deer and hogs.It's a great round with low recoil.

Cooper? My A-bolt loves 117gn InterLock Hornady American Whitetail.
                                Roger that Roger_Roger, it's a Cooper over!

Comment

Working...
                                X