Annual Christmas help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is that time again. With the holidays rapidly approaching it is time to reach out to our brothers and sisters and ask for or offer help as needed.

I'm going to take it off of Txjourneyman's plate this year (as I understand this has received admin approval). For 2020, Greg can have it back, or it can rotate to someone else (volunteers may be needed).

It will work EXACTLY as it has in past years, it will work like this...

If you and your family are struggling this year, things are a little tight, regardless of reason, lay off, health issue, what ever! If you would like some help in the form of gift cards please send me a PM. I will be the only person that knows you asked for help other than the donor I line you up with.

If you and your family are feeling blessed this year and wish to share your blessing with a family in need please let me know by posting on this thread or sending a PM if you wish to remain anonymous. I'd prefer a PM either way as it should be easier for me to keep up with.

I will match up families in need with families willing to help out.

I WILL NOT HANDLE ANY FUNDS OR GIFT CARDS! I AM STRICTLY AN INTERMEDIARY!!!!

I will get the address of the family in need to the donor by way of PM. The donor will then mail a gift card in whatever amount they like to the recipient family.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Greg has done a remarkable job with this in the past, hopefully he doesn't fire me. From last years thread- I (Greg) wish I could share some of the PMs I have received over the past couple of years from recipients expressing their gratitude. It truly makes a difference.

To those who do think they need help. Don't be ashamed to ask. Everyone needs help at some time or another. If we can make your kid's Christmas a little better we want the chance to do so.

Please, this is for TBH families only. We have had requests to help non-members in the past but this is really meant to help our extended bowhunting family!

Also, in the past we usually have more donors than families asking for help, so most families get more than one donor family. Some donors stay on my list until the last minute in case there is a late request for help.

I will do my best to make sure everyone that asks gets some help and everyone that offers gets a chance to share.

It would be nice if we can have this wrapped up mid-December, lets say 18 December, a week prior to Christmas, so the cards are delivered and/or special gifts bought with the card(s).

Razorback01

My PMs are cleaned out.

Comment

Been helping for a while. Put me in coach..............

Comment

Send me a PM Mr. Dangerr, please, so I can keep up with it.

Comment

Great job Doug! Mighty fine of ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            Been helping for a while. Put me in coach..............

Yes sir! One of the coolest threads ive ever seen on TBH. Sign me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was wondering what the hold up was. [emoji23][emoji51][emoji41]

Off to a great start.

Comment

I'm in. Just send a mailing address. Don't do paypal, etc.

Comment

Have a $50 Amazon gift card. Pm an address to mail it to

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Thanks for the responses, as a reminder, send me a PM, easier to keep up with.

Comment

In to help. That you for taking over this year. I’ve said it before and I will again, best people in the world right here on TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM on the way.

Comment

I’m in!

Comment

I have a huge pile of toys and clothes for a little girl about 2 years old. I can check sizes for sure but we've been cleaning out my daughters stuff for a garage sale. If you come across a family with a 2ish year old girl that wouldn't mind some gently used stuff I'd be glad to load them up.

Comment

Working...
                              X