Feeders on "Fall Back" Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    Always change mine so it’s the same as my phone and I adjust it during the season so it’s not throwing corn in the dark.
    Same here, and I always have to argue with my dad about this. He always says leave them alone, dont change anything, the deer dont know what time it is...on and on and on. I just tell him I dont like to have my feeder go off in the dark, I want there to be some light. Oh well, it happens every year!!

Comment

Well this changes everything...
      Attached Files

Comment

Boy I am glad I didn't start this ............

Lets do this.....Set and Forget. Change your feeders. Take watches away from Deer. Do what ever you want.

I Love This
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
          Same here, and I always have to argue with my dad about this. He always says leave them alone, dont change anything, the deer dont know what time it is...on and on and on. I just tell him I dont like to have my feeder go off in the dark, I want there to be some light. Oh well, it happens every year!!

My Dad was the same way.... until it burned him enough and his boys were in his ear. Now he changes them occasionally throughout the season.

Comment

One more thing for the deer don’t wear watches crowd. I’m sure there are some folks who get tweaked out about the time change and change it because of it. Y’all are more than welcome to rag those types into eternity.

But most of us understand the concept . We also don’t make a special trip to our lease (if we aren’t already going) the weekend of the time change to switch them because we understand how it all works out. But the next trip I’m there after the time change I’m changing the clock merely to match my phone for the next and future feed time changes. Everybody I know does the same.

Comment

Every time I hear any legal sorta rumblings about doing away with time daylight savings time all together, I’m completely for it. But having read through another tbh thread of greatness on the subject for the umpteenth year in a row, I am a converted fan of DST once again. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So, to the person that sets it and forgets it that said 5:40....you get in the stand at 5:00 when it doesn't get dark until 8:45 and its 95 degrees opening weekend? Mine is set for 7:30 that early in the season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

every year like CLOCKWORK!!!!! let me ask the deer,we have been picking corn for the last week,mabey they can come out to the field and tell us what time they will be out to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO

Comment

I set and forget. 7:20am and again 8:20 am and 5:30pm. And yes, in early Oct I get in the stand at 5pm when it's 100 degrees outside. I'm there to hunt, not sit in the A/C trailer. If I couldn't handle the heat then I should just stay home. But, I did hook up a redneck A/C in my blinds so its tolerable. I'd rather be in the blind hunting, especially early season when I've waited 9 months to be able to get back in the blind. I don't mind my feeder going off before light either because it will go off again and there will be plenty of corn, especially since I hand corn it heavily before each sit. I've never had a deer get "full" and leave before it was light enough to shoot. Not judging, just the way I do it and it seems to work for me. I do change the time on my cameras though. Helps to know what time deer are coming in based on my watch.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                      Have mine set for 7:45am and 5:30pm. When the time changes on my wrist, they'll go off 645 and 430 my time.

I'll eventually change the times because I am OCD. Lol
                      Pretty sure you mean it changes to 6:45 and 6:30
                      But the deer will be ticked when the feed comes out an hour later.

Comment

Working...
                      X