neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
    I had a similar problem at our place. The owner was selling day hunts. I would imagine they harvest over 25 deer a year. I still own the land, but I don't bother hunting it anymore.
    That's pretty egregious and gives merit to the argument of the state issuing tags based on acreage and habitat quality.

Comment

Buying them out may be the best way. I doubt they will listen to management talk considering they already shoot 8 deer. Maybe the neighbors don't like them and make stuff up about them.
      Maybe the other owners wanted to buy your property and are saying bad things to get you to sell your land at a discount.
      The only problem now is you cant sell 25 acres in Uvalde with little hunting pressure by neighbors on TBH.

Comment

Like said above, you cant manage anything on such small acerage. If you high fence in your place you will have no deer either unless you stock and feed them. That ecosystem would support one deer per your 45 acres and not even one deer for theirs so everyone is shooting deer some one else's property supported. I have small acreage as well but in a different ecosystem, but even I know I cant take more than two deer responsibly off my place a year. Unfortunately their side of the fence, they can kill every deer in the county if they show up.

Comment

It will be shot our soon. Enjoy it while you can. Family owns 50 acres same situation small neighbors. We would shoot 1-2 deer a year (usually 1) and occasionally none by choicethey would shoot alot , within about 5 years the deer hunting sucked. Prior to that you would see alot of deer every hunt.

Comment

Only going to get worse with all the subdivisions/ranchettes going in.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
              Not sure what you were expecting when getting on a 45 acre lease. Sounds like a place to get away and have fun but you will never be able to control anything on 45 acres.
              x2. A positive is that it must not be that bad of an area if they are killing 8 bucks a year off 30 acres. At least you are hunting a target rich environment.

Comment

Working...
              X