X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Sunday)

Daily Bible Portion - 1 of 7
    "WHEN HE SENT"

(Reading>>Exodus 13:17-17:16, Judges 5:1-31, John 6:25-35, Revelation 15:1-4)

Continuing from the last study, we find those who are called Israel, following the law of the firstborn at Passover who were about to leave Egypt, cross over the Red Sea and walk into the desert in obedience to Yahweh’s invitation, “to hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.” The feast Israel was coming out to celebrate is called Pentecost or in Hebrew Shavuot. Shavuot/Pentecost is fifty days after Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Exodus 5:1).

At the Feast of Unleavened Bread the Israelites were commanded to eat only unleavened flat bread for seven days. This is likened to a personal consecration time for those who obeyed the Passover.

Shavuot is the confirmation of Yahweh’s Wedding Covenant to His Bride, Israel. It is the formal betrothal of the Bride to Yeshua the Bridegroom and is a high holy Sabbath day. The Covenant was always with the Bride but now for the first time it will be formally written down for her to keep so that if she were ever in a place of dishonor (outside His Kingdom) she would be able to find her way back to Him. On the Feast of Shavuot, at Mount Sinai, Yahweh gave / will give His Bride her ketubah (Hebrew for Marriage Covenant) containing the promises of their Wedding pledge to each other (also called the Torah/the Good New/The Gospel). It is here they are called husband and wife but do not legally live together or consummate the marriage until their wedding day. During the betrothal time they are legally married but if the Bride is found unclean, the husband can legally divorce her. This can only happen in the betrothal stage and not after the wedding. We see this was Joseph's plan with Mary prior to his dream where an angel told him otherwise.

Matthew 1:18-19 Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. And her husband Joseph, being a just[Lawfull, Obeying Torah] man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly.

Through the Covenant, Yahweh gave Israel revelation by way of the illustration of the Exodus. This story is a living parable for believers. Today, we are approaching the Passover season. This is the time Yahweh offers believers an opportunity to separate from any unclean dishonoring ways (Olam Hazeh) to enter into wedding preparations that bring the sanctify and cleanse redemptive qualities to the Bride so she can draw near to her Bridegroom when He calls for her.

Yeshua’s blood cleanses believers from the sin of dishonoring their Marriage Covenant with Him. Now the walk of redemption is before each believer. Everyone born of Yeshua is given a choice. It is the same opportunity the Israelites were given when drawing near to Him at the Passover: to enter into the betrothal at the Feast of Pentecost/Shavuot. Pharaoh is a character type of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil representing a common worldly system. The choice is whether we will leave that mindset to walk in Yeshua’s Heavenly Kingdom – the Tree of Life? We cannot have both or they will war within us.

Romans 7:23-25 “But I see another law [worldly common system] in my members, warring against the law [Heavenly Kingdom] of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God - through Jesus Christ/Yeshua HaMashiach our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.”

Romans 12:1-2 “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

There are still many believers who have yet to refrain from acting and behaving as if they had not left Egypt. They are stuck at First Fruits. When Yahweh brought His First Fruits out from the land of Egypt. They continued to wander in the wilderness not able to find their "way" into the promised land. Believers today freely accept Yeshua's death and resurection but continue to stand at the door where by free will they have chosen not to proceed to the next step called Pentecost/Shavuot which gives them the instructions on how to become a concecrated bride and enter into the Wedding Feast. This continued behavior makes a mockery of Yeshua’s death and is as if His blood had not cleansed or saved them.(Heb 6:4-6, Heb 10:25-29) Often the ways of the world still rule and reign more prominently in the lives of so called believers than do the ways of Yeshua and His Kingdom. This allows Satan to have legal access. Many may still need their hearts cleansed and their minds purified in order to be able to enter in and enjoy the redemptive qualities Yeshua offers us.

The Passover season offers the firstborn a chance to be redeemed back into Yahweh’s blessings. This Feast also furnishes the opportunity to enter Shavuot to worship before Him. Following Yahweh into the Passover and obeying His Word by eating unleavened bread for the seven days consecrates those who choose to cross over from death to life. Those who choose life have, in the same way the Israelites did, chosen to separate from an unsanctified past, and to press on to serve and worship Him alone in holiness at Shavuot.

Yeshua made the way for believers. He alone gave the firstborn Israel the deed to holiness. In His sacrifice for us He also canceled the certificate of divorce that had resulted from our being a wayward Bride. His death is the perfect sacrifice. He is the Lamb of Yahweh who opened for us the way of Holiness. No other blood sacrifice could do this for us. Only Yeshua’s blood brought cleansing, redemption and sanctification once and for all from the guilt that we dishonored Him with. As a foreshadowing of Yeshua’s sacrifice, only the high priest could walk into the place of complete holiness to Yahweh, called the Holy of Holies. Today, under the covering of Yeshua’s blood we are all given the opportunity to enter into that Most Holy Place and have intimacy with our beloved Messiah because the guilt from sin has been removed. It is a gift for all who believe. Within this gift is another choice: to walk in what Yahweh calls holiness, as only a holy Bride will enter into the Bridal Chamber with her Bridegroom.

Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Passing through the Sea
    (Exodus 13:17-22)

As mentioned earlier, when the Israelites left Egypt they left in their complete divisions (all twelve tribes), as a mighty army. Witnessing the faithfulness of Yahweh, the people were transformed from slavery to victory overnight. This is a prophetic picture of the book of The Revelation of Yeshua, which speaks of the twelve gates into the New Jerusalem and reveals to us that all twelve tribes will come out from under the enemy’s domination in full victory, once again transformed to rule and reign with Him! (Revelation 21:12-13).

Joseph’s Return

Exodus 13:19 “And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him, for he had placed the children of Israel under solemn oath, saying, ‘God will surely visit you, and you shall carry up my bones from here with you.’”

Joseph made his brothers swear before he died that they would take his bones home with them when Yahweh delivered Israel from Egypt. Why were his bones so important? Joseph’s bones represented a spiritual and physical component of their heritage. He represented their identity and was prophetic of the Whole House of Israel returning, not just of Judah and Benjamin, but also of all twelve tribes. Joseph’s bones represent the continuous heritage promised to Abraham’s descendant’s (seed) so many generations ago.

Genesis 17:6-8 “I will make you [Abraham] exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

Valley of Dry Bones

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 Now, brothers, we want you to know the truth about those who have died; otherwise, you might become sad the way other people do who have nothing to hope for. For since we believe that Yeshua died and rose again, we also believe that in the same way God, through Yeshua, will take with him those who have died.

Yahweh's promise to us is that not one of His sheep will be forsaken. All will be gathered. This includes not only those who are alive but also those who have fallen "asleep" or died in the wilderness as we see in the case of Joseph's bones.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-16 When we say this, we base it on the Lord's own word: we who remain alive when the Lord comes will certainly not take precedence over those who have died. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a rousing cry, with a call from one of the ruling angels, and with God's shofar; those who died united with the Messiah will be the first to rise;

Ezekiel 37:1-14 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, you know." Then he said to me, "Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD." So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live." So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army. Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, 'Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.' Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD."

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X