Custom Reload Mfg??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrebel83 View Post
    300 WM. Wanting to run Berger hybrids just don’t know what weight I want to run. The 230’s seem hefty but they will definitely do the job long range but the COAL is long. The rifle will handle it but I’m not sure I want to run that deep constantly.
    Factory rifle? What is the barrel twist rate if you know or the model and brand?

Comment

Originally posted by bdubb View Post
      Factory rifle? What is the barrel twist rate if you know or the model and brand?
      Christensen Mesa LR. 300WM 26” stainless barrel 1-10” twist.

Comment

I would send it to unknown munitions. They can do the sample boxes or you can send them your rifle and they will build specific loads for your rifle for its exact specs (lands, coal, etc.)

Comment

Yea I think there a lot better ways to do this. Especially with where ammo is now days.

Comment

230gn might be a little much for the 10 twist but it will still be stable. For reference, you can play around with Berger’s calculator since you’re looking into their bullets. Staying at or under the 215gn options is likely a better approach.

Last edited by bdubb; 01-23-2021, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I agree with bdubb, the 10 twist is marginal for the 230's, assuming you're going to be using it in Texas and not in high elevation most of the time.

Honestly, the 215's are also marginal, depending on where you are located. But, lots of guys have had good luck with the 215gr berger hybrids in your exact rifle and there's all kinds of load data out there to help get you close on a load that will work in your rifle.

If you're interested in shooting that bullet, shoot me a pm and I'll share what I know from my research. H1000 and RL26 are the go to powders for that combo.

Comment

cb4128 hit the nail on the head— and the 300wm/215berger/H1000 combo has TONS of data and is probably a great place to start that will only require some slight tweaking.

And cb4128 himself is a great source of info!

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
                  I agree with bdubb, the 10 twist is marginal for the 230's, assuming you're going to be using it in Texas and not in high elevation most of the time.

Honestly, the 215's are also marginal, depending on where you are located. But, lots of guys have had good luck with the 215gr berger hybrids in your exact rifle and there's all kinds of load data out there to help get you close on a load that will work in your rifle.

If you're interested in shooting that bullet, shoot me a pm and I'll share what I know from my research. H1000 and RL26 are the go to powders for that combo.

I have been researching this exact load. I think the 215 will do the long range target shooting i want and the hunting as well. I was going back and forth on the 215 hybrid and the 230 OTM Tactical. It shows with the speeds pushed by some mfg that i should have no problems stabilizing the 230 bullet. But it shows the 230 hybrid as marginally stable. The only reason I wanted to get to the 230 was the Higher BC but its marginally different at the 1760yd mark it only varies by 1 mil based on load ballistics.

Comment

You’ll be wasting your time with Dallas Reloads right now, and probably all other reloaders. They’re all behind on orders by months and won’t be caught up for months. Don’t plan on any of them getting you any ammo before this summer. And if you want 100rds of 5 different bullets, expect to pay $225 at a minimum. I’ve been trying to accomplish the same thing for 5 months and have gotten nowhere, even with dealing with Chad (Dallas Reloads) directly on THF.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      You’ll be wasting your time with Dallas Reloads right now, and probably all other reloaders. They’re all behind on orders by months and won’t be caught up for months. Don’t plan on any of them getting you any ammo before this summer. And if you want 100rds of 5 different bullets, expect to pay $225 at a minimum. I’ve been trying to accomplish the same thing for 5 months and have gotten nowhere, even with dealing with Chad (Dallas Reloads) directly on THF.
                      Yeah I’m starting to see that. I found some 210gr VLD Hunting but they want $85/20rds

Comment

If you’re interested in hearing more on the 300wm/215 hybrid data, shoot me a pm. You shouldn’t need to load up 5 different bullet combos. I bet you could do your load development in 20 rounds.

Comment

Superior Ammunition. I've never had any issues with using them, but I have not had any made in the past 6 months, so that could have changed.

Comment

Can't remember for sure but something like Dallas Reloads.

Comment

Doesn't look like he has the 215 berger hybrids in stock but the price isn't terrible to make it a ladder test box *this is the cost on top of the normal ammo price*

Comment

Ive been looking at doing this for a few months and haven't had much success

Comment

Working...
                                X