No announcement yet.

Catalytic Converter theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hate that it's still going on. They got my f150 about 10 years ago and the tailgate. That's a crazy lead time on the fix

Comment

We have a dealership here that was having a major problem keeping used vehicles ready for
      Sales, thieves cutting off every thing to relegalize deleted trucks , I truly thought the manager was running a insurance scam, but emissions theft is epidemic in San Antonio area

Comment

They've been doing it for years in Houston. Seems to be getting worse. They like Tundras because they've got 2 cats that are easy to get to. Thinking of rigging some claymores to mine...

Comment

So what is the reasonable solution to this ongoing problem? Seems like there is some low hanging fruit that just been dangling there waiting for a company to come up with a theft deterent system of some sort. $$$$

Comment

They stole them off both church buses at my father-in-laws church a couple of weeks ago in Sulphur Springs.

Comment

Scrap prices have nearly tripled the past few weeks. Youll start seeing it more with copper theft also.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                So what is the reasonable solution to this ongoing problem? Seems like there is some low hanging fruit that just been dangling there waiting for a company to come up with a theft deterent system of some sort. $$$$
                Get the government out of the automotive manufacturing process. And let trained professionals in their field dictate the cleanest exhaust gases

Comment

My son said thieves are after Cats and Diesel particulate filters.

Comment

They have been stealing them off of the schools busses in Killeen, crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      There are several companies that are selling skid plates that bolt to the frame and cover the transmission and cats. They dont make them impossible to steal, but they do make them harder to get to, which makes the thieves go elsewhere usually (or so my research has found). I will be ordering one for my truck when I get it back this summer.

Comment

Is this 1996??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                          Is this 1996??

I dont know? Were you a **** in 1996?
                          Last edited by Txsurveyor2014; 01-19-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Happened a bunch back in California years ago. That and for some reason people were stealing car batteries too

Comment

Our van at work got hit before Christmas. Watching the surveillance video it only took them 6 minutes. Heard that they’re stealing them off the church vans as soon as they replace the previously stolen converters.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                                I dont know? Were you a **** in 1996?

Momma said I was born that way, so yeah probably so.

Like others, I haven’t heard of this in years. Sucks it happened to you. Hopefully they catch em.

Comment

Working...
                                X