Camper roof coating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camper roof coating?

What’s a good roof coating to roll on the roof of an older camper? Right now it doesn’t leak but want some assurance before I haul it to the lease.

Henry’s tropi-cool at Home Depot is good

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
      Henry’s tropi-cool at Home Depot is good

That’s what I used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just remember if you got silicone patches ...Pretty well nothing will stick to them..Just more silicone...

Comment

I put this in another thread a while back asking about a sealant.

I just put some sealer on my 30 foot travel trailer(with two slide outs) a couple months ago. I used the Hengs rubber roof coating and I was surprised how well it coated. It is a little less per gallon than the Dicor stuff. I got 3 gallons and was able to do two thick coats with about half a gallon left over.

Definitely make sure you clean it well before putting it on.

Good luck.

J

Comment

DICOR From start to finish is awesome, last for years
            Buy the entire kit
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-21-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              I put this in another thread a while back asking about a sealant.

I just put some sealer on my 30 foot travel trailer(with two slide outs) a couple months ago. I used the Hengs rubber roof coating and I was surprised how well it coated. It is a little less per gallon than the Dicor stuff. I got 3 gallons and was able to do two thick coats with about half a gallon left over.

Definitely make sure you clean it well before putting it on.

Good luck.

J
              I’ve used the orange can Heng’s as well. Covers well and flexs too.

Comment

One of the guys on our lease just put 2 coats of FlexSeal on his and has been very please with it.

Comment

If you can, take your camper to the lease and THEN put the coating on. If you can't do that, coat it and let it sit as long as you can before you tow it... This will help with any flexing cracks or loosening in spots that perhaps you got less than ideal coating/sticking on...

Comment

If you can find the product with ceramic mixed-in or have the means to obtain ceramic dust/beads to add, it will reflect the suns energy.

Comment

Eternabond tape is the cats meow! Ive used that on several alum roof RVs to cover seams.

Comment

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
                        Eternabond tape is the cats meow! Ive used that on several alum roof RVs to cover seams.
                        That stuff is worth it’s weight in gold on the corners and any overlapping seams for sure. Just be really careful when applying it...especially in warmer weather because it is tacky as heck. Be sure to have it positioned where you want it because it ain’t coming off, period.

As with almost all of these products (tape or liquids) cleaning preparation is the key to the longevity performance.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          That stuff is worth it’s weight in gold on the corners and any overlapping seams for sure. Just be really careful when applying it...especially in warmer weather because it is tacky as heck. Be sure to have it positioned where you want it because it ain’t coming off, period.

As with almost all of these products (tape or liquids) cleaning preparation is the key to the longevity performance.

Is the eternabond tape something you would use on the wall corner seams and seems around windows and fixtures? Or is it really just for the roof? Lastly, do you apply a coating over the tape?

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            I’ve used the orange can Heng’s as well. Covers well and flexs too.
                            Same thing for me . Here are some pics of the one I did .

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                              Is the eternabond tape something you would use on the wall corner seams and seems around windows and fixtures? Or is it really just for the roof? Lastly, do you apply a coating over the tape?
                              I just went through this with a camper. Eternabond is more for flat seams on a roof. For corners there is Dicor Corner Seal.

For windows you use the butyl tape.

Nothing goes over Eternabond tape. Throw it in the freezer for awhile before you want to lay it down. Clean up areas with acetone first. Like anything else it will not stick to silicone.

Comment

Working...
                              X