Bow Shop Etiquette Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Its normal around here at CCR but you better make sure your bow shop, first, sells 4-5 brands of bows and has them in stock. That's always a good start for a request like yours.

Great advice Jason, that’s before you make the drive over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to as many shops as you can, shoot as many bows as you can, go back to shoot them again if possible and the you decide which bow you like.

How does it feel in your hand, how do you like the draw, how do you like the hold or back wall and how does it feel on the shot. If you find the one that fits these points, buy it. That is the one you will enjoy shooting and-shoot the best

Just my opinion from a former shop owner.

Comment

I hear it’s best to do this the week before bow opener.

Comment

The only thing I would add to the advice here is try to go during the week when they’re not as busy. Saturday can be one of their busiest days and hardest for them to give you their full attention if they get slammed.

Comment

Based on your location listed are you going to Uvalde or Boerne to try them out? If Boerne, leading edge will let you try different bows with out an issue. Not sure about bow shops closer to you. If coming all the way to SA Mesquite Creek will set you up on multiple bows to try.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
              Based on your location listed are you going to Uvalde or Boerne to try them out? If Boerne, leading edge will let you try different bows with out an issue. Not sure about bow shops closer to you. If coming all the way to SA Mesquite Creek will set you up on multiple bows to try.
              There aint sh*t in Uvalde but Outback and there is never anyone there nor have a range to even try them. Been to Leading Edge but only have a couple brands.

Honestly Im the kind of guy that I'll drive hours in order to find the bow and the experience in buying/testing them if I need them. I stepped foot in Hoffys in Lampasas but not for a Bow.....was super impressed with the looks of their shop. The other small ones have all been on N and NE of Houston when i lived back there in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Holmes Cycles View Post
                There aint sh*t in Uvalde but Outback and there is never anyone there nor have a range to even try them. Been to Leading Edge but only have a couple brands.

Honestly Im the kind of guy that I'll drive hours in order to find the bow and the experience in buying/testing them if I need them. I stepped foot in Hoffys in Lampasas but not for a Bow.....was super impressed with the looks of their shop. The other small ones have all been on N and NE of Houston when i lived back there in the past
                Which brands are you looking at?

Comment

Bow Shop Etiquette Question

Drive to DFW and go see Fishndude at CCR. One stop shopping..

Comment

Aaron & Jason are great at Hoffy's. Nothing but good service from them.

Comment

I live in Waco and go the Hoffy's in Lampasas.

Comment

Aaron remembers my name even though I usually only go in once a year for string work or replacement. They have a nice shooting range. It is a two hour round trip for me.

Comment

Double G in Georgetown and Archery Country in Austin were awesome to deal with on my last purchase. I shot all the flagship bows. Had to go to AC as Double G didn’t have Mathews. They were both awesome. Knew I was serious. Walked out of Archery Country with a loaded Vertix. I shot that and the Elite Kure side by side for half an hour as I narrowed it down and couldn’t decide between them. Not once did they rush me. I dealt with Tank at AC. Highly recommend them. Pleasant experience start to finish.

Double G is awesome as well (Paul). Just didn’t have the Mathews to compare. They have Elite though! Sometimes I wonder if I shoulda bought the elite. I nearly got both

Comment

Hoffy's in Lampasas is the greatest. Aaron is so knowledgeable and honest. Been a customer for years.

Comment

I don't think that is unreasonable, but you are going to have to go to a big shop that carries all of the different lines and models.

Adding to this: Buying from your bow shop is going to be your long term friend and support.

Comment

Agreed as said above, if they are not willing to help they dont get my business.
                                The guys down in Dayton at Triple Edge Archery are very helpful. I went in not knowing a whole lot about bows. I was shooting a hand me down for about a year and a half. I went in to test drive some new bows. They set up like 3-4 demos for me to try out. DL and DW. I ended up buying one about 3-4 months later from them while I was in Indiana. They set everything for me and shipped it to me up there, out of the box it was pretty much dead on, only slight mods needed to sight. TOP NOCH GUYS down here. So if they want to sell a bow I would think they would take the time to set some up for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X