Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
    Picked up our other two rifles today! They turned out perfect! Got them setup and hopefully get out and shoot them sometime later this week. If they shoot half as good as our 300wm's I will be a happy man!

A huge thank you to Robert and the APR team! My dad and I couldnt be more greatful for the opportunity you gave us! The TBH deal was absolutely unbelievable. The quality of these builds are beyond what we hoped for and its even more amazing that they were able to do it at this price point and speed. Thanks for letting us "newbies" in and honoring your original word. I know this deal got a little out of control... You have gained a life long customer and supporter of the TBH forum. The team at APR, you guys are awesome! Also a big thanks to the friendly and helpful group on here!

Our final build specs:

2 tier 1 300wm's

1 kind of olive/grey w/ black webbing
    1 green/tan carbon ambush

26in barrel w/ area 419 hellfire brake

1-9 twist

TT trigger 1.5lbs

Leupold mark5hd MOA 5-25×56

Pure precision 35mm 1in rings

MK machining 35mm scope level

Shooting factory Berger 215

2 tier 1 6.5 PRC's
    1 grey w/ black and white webbing
    1 dark carbon urban ambush

24in barrel w/ area 419 hellfire brake

1-7.5 twist

TT trigger 1.5lbs

Leupold Mark5 hd MOA 3.6-18×44

Going to try hornady Eldm, Eldx and the new berger 156 at some point.

Can't wait to put these rifles through their paces this year at the range and in the field. They will be packed all over Oregon here this fall chasing some critters. Hopefully some more DRT pics to come!

Here's a few more sub par pics I snapped quick today. My picture taking ability isn't very good. I apologize now.

Jarek
    I really like the look of the Grey with black and white webbing. It looks good against the proof barrel. I went with black and grey camo on mine for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
      Picked up our other two rifles today! They turned out perfect! Got them setup and hopefully get out and shoot them sometime later this week. If they shoot half as good as our 300wm's I will be a happy man!

A huge thank you to Robert and the APR team! My dad and I couldnt be more greatful for the opportunity you gave us! The TBH deal was absolutely unbelievable. The quality of these builds are beyond what we hoped for and its even more amazing that they were able to do it at this price point and speed. Thanks for letting us "newbies" in and honoring your original word. I know this deal got a little out of control... You have gained a life long customer and supporter of the TBH forum. The team at APR, you guys are awesome! Also a big thanks to the friendly and helpful group on here!

Our final build specs:

2 tier 1 300wm's

1 kind of olive/grey w/ black webbing
      1 green/tan carbon ambush

26in barrel w/ area 419 hellfire brake

1-9 twist

TT trigger 1.5lbs

Leupold mark5hd MOA 5-25×56

Shooting factory Berger 215

2 tier 1 6.5 PRC's
      1 grey w/ black and white webbing
      1 dark carbon urban ambush

24in barrel w/ area 419 hellfire brake

1-7.5 twist

TT trigger 1.5lbs

Leupold Mark5 hd MOA 3.6-18×44

Going to try hornady Eldm, Eldx and the new berger 156 at some point.

Can't wait to put these rifles through their paces this year at the range and in the field. They will be packed all over Oregon here this fall chasing some critters. Hopefully some more DRT pics to come!

Here's a few more sub par pics I snapped quick today. My picture taking ability isn't very good. I apologize now.

Jarek
      Thanks for the kind words! Glad to have you participate in this year's special.

Comment

Looks like about 4 6.5 PRCs and a 28 Nosler will be coming out by tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
          glad you got all 4 of yours! I'll be glad when I get my 1...
          Will admit I didnt expect to get them all this fast. Only thing that probably helped we're the 300wm's were twins and 6.5's were twins. But still Luck of the Draw i guess... Well worth the wait though!
          Last edited by OSU Fisher; 07-10-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
            Thanks for the kind words! Glad to have you participate in this year's special.
            No problem, and thanks again!! I still have room in the safe for a few more.... Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
              I really like the look of the Grey with black and white webbing. It looks good against the proof barrel. I went with black and grey camo on mine for the same reason.
              That one turned out killer. Might even be my favorite. The other 6.5 (mine) I went dark urban ambush ( dark grey \ light grey ) because I was afraid of being to flashy. Now I think I coulda went normal urban... Grey / white
              Either way they all turned out amazing and love them all! My dad went a little more old school and webbed his. I went newer and the carbon camos. There were way to many configurations one could do. Finally just had to pick a couple knowing they would be cool no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                Looks like about 4 6.5 PRCs and a 28 Nosler will be coming out by tomorrow.
                Looking forward to the call

Comment

I'll keep Saturday open just in case!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
                    glad you got all 4 of yours! I'll be glad when I get my 1...
                    I feel you. These dang new kids get all the special treatment.

I’m just waiting my little ol plain Jain 308. I think mine was one of the stocks that got forgotten about.

The wait is going to be so worth it when it is ready though.

Comment

I was there today. Lots of pretty rifles lined up. I fell in love with a little short barreled hottie. Robert said it wasn't a TBH gun and was for sale. I was scared to even ask what caliber

Comment

are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          I feel you. These dang new kids get all the special treatment.

I’m just waiting my little ol plain Jain 308. I think mine was one of the stocks that got forgotten about.

The wait is going to be so worth it when it is ready though.
                          yep!

Comment

Just to give you guys waiting a little something to pass the time. I picked mine up a couple weeks ago and just got to sight it in today. I literally shot this group off of an upside down 55 gallon plastic bucket in my back yard using a bipod. It took a couple rounds to get dialed in. The center here above the magic marker line is 4 rounds using off the shelf Winchester super X. Any shots I took without moving turrets were touching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone help me with scope ring suggestions. I have teir 1 6.5 PRC with VX-5 HD 3-15 X 44 scope. Want to get mounted so can shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by PvillDVM View Post
                                Can anyone help me with scope ring suggestions. I have teir 1 6.5 PRC with VX-5 HD 3-15 X 44 scope. Want to get mounted so can shoot.
                                You should be 100% okay with seekins mediums and I’m 95% sure you’ll be good with seekins lows

Comment

Working...
                                X