Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally get a pic of a buck with horns and ............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally get a pic of a buck with horns and ............

I see this

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7209.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	25288245

I have seen this one in the past, hoped it was a one time thing but guess it is permanent.
    Dang fork makes it illegal to shoot the dang thing too

I have a few deer that are real abnormal this Season I guess because of the drought. Way more than normal.

Comment

I have one like that and I to thought it was a one year thing.

Comment

I wish the state would make allowances for deer like that if there mature.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          I wish the state would make allowances for deer like that if there mature.
          I agree, its so stupid to not be able to cull them.

Comment

.22 mag the fork, kill it at a later point

Comment

I had this one back in 17. Old buck but not 13" in my mind. Showed the game warden and he said no he'll probably die that size. I realize now my no.1 problem was I asked him. Had I just shot him he probably would of let him slide. Big deer for Burleson County.
              Attached Files

Comment

The original goal for the 13” restriction was to allow deer to reach maturity. When that goal has been achieved letting an inferior deer walk becomes counter productive passing on inferior genetics. But what do we know!!

Comment

The 13” spread has helped WAY more than it has hurt. These deer are exceptions. I understand they need to die, but don’t know how to go about getting a “but in this case” amendment to the rule.

The 13” spread rule has been great for East Texas IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    The original goal for the 13” restriction was to allow deer to reach maturity. When that goal has been achieved letting an inferior deer walk becomes counter productive passing on inferior genetics. But what do we know!!
                    We know that you cant control free range genetics, and that is very likely due to an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                      We know that you cant control free range genetics, and that is very likely due to an injury.
                      This. Letting deer get old is a proven way to grow bigger deer, “culling” is not outside of a pen. Simply a mean to limit the mouths on a place which does have to be done for carrying capacity but not to alter antlers.

Comment

U can kill em, just keep your mouth shut after u do. Lol

Comment

They should make exceptions on deer like this

Comment

Looks like a younger deer with a possible injury. I wouldn't be in a hurry to kill him. His good side is pretty good.

Comment

He was around for the rut for a week. Never saw him before or after. Haven't seen any buck that resembles him either before or after. I have had the land for 12 years and feeder running the whole time.

Comment

Working...
                              X