Cat deterrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat deterrent

I live in an apt building and my neighbors cat lounge on my patio, on my grill and patio furniture. I have tried equal parts apple cider vinegar sprayed on the fence and ground, orange peels, and cayenne pepper on the grill table and ground. Cayenne worked the best but they were back in a day or two. Any other tricks I should try?

Sounds horrible good luck. Maybe ask the neighbor to train the cat to leave you alone? Heard they are fast learners.

Comment

Get a dog

Comment

We just bought some Stull to put around the pool. Critter rid or something like that. Don't know if it works or not but lt was nothing more them granulated garlic and cloves.

Comment

Sss

Comment

Spray the cat with water, even just a squirt bottle or water gun, regularly if you can catch them in the act. It should learn quickly to find a better place to lounge.

Comment

boot works pretty good

Comment

Was waiting on the SSS comment. Crazy lady has 5 cats and a little yapper dog in a 1000 sq ft apt. I've asked her numerous times to keep them away. If one goes missing I would be suspect number 1

Comment

They have got the water treatment countless times. They run like crazy when they hear me sliding the door.
                  Last edited by Scrub Buck; 07-25-2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    Spray the cat with water, even just a squirt bottle or water gun, regularly if you can catch them in the act. It should learn quickly to find a better place to lounge.
                    Bear spray

Comment

I'm going offshore next week and could use some extra bait.

Wish you were closer..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

catch them in a live trap and drop off at the shelter.

Comment

Airsoft

Comment

They seem to hate tin foil. Guess the sound of them landing on it scares them. I've also seen videos of cats deathly afraid of cucumbers. Do with that info what you will.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQTQLTBfo1o"]Cat gets scared by tin foil on the kitchen counter and jumps away | CONTENTbible #Shorts - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBrZsgy4-SQ"]Cats Scared by Cucumbers Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Set a "live trap". When you catch it, she will be looking for it. She will see it in the trap, get mad and maybe take better care of it. Last resort, tell her that some wild animals have been getting on your patio furniture and you are going to have animal control come set traps.

Comment

Working...
                              X