Is it possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible

That they caused most of the problems all along?

As much as I dislike the electric car zealots, right now the overpopulated state running A/C all day is a much much bigger issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
      As much as I dislike the electric car zealots, right now the overpopulated state running A/C all day is a much much bigger issue.
      Maybe so, but I was here first !

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
        Fairly certain an electric car charger using more electricity than an air conditioner. Regardless. It’s 125 degrees and I fault no one for running their ac.

Comment

A good look at our future.

Comment

Figure out how many amps an ev draws per day when plugged in then compare it to the a/c draw of a medium home. Report back….

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Fairly certain an electric car charger using more electricity than an air conditioner. Regardless. It’s 125 degrees and I fault no one for running their ac.
              Don't fault anyone for cranking the cold air and I know EVs take more energy. There's relatively few of them in the grand scheme of things right now vs all the other wasteful usage was my point. No doubt EVs will be a real problem in a few years if they keep being forced on our overtaxed grid.
              Last edited by jdg13; 07-19-2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

The only problem we have in the country as far as energy goes is politicians ****ing things up.
                Windmills, solar panels both completely suck, not near enough nuclear and not building more coal and gas powered plants. All the fault of bags of crap we elect

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  The only problem we have in the country as far as energy goes is politicians ****ing things up.
                  Windmills, solar panels both completely suck, not near enough nuclear and not building more coal and gas powered plants. All the fault of bags of crap we elect
                  This 100%

Comment

That too

Comment

I said this last year. As electric cars become more popular and people probably plug them in all night every night. Just a guess. No clue how much it actually draws.

Comment

He's right, ya know....
                        But, it's our own fault....
                        And water !! is next...
                        We should have been building Nukes, and reserviours for the last
                        30 years...

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                          Figure out how many amps an ev draws per day when plugged in then compare it to the a/c draw of a medium home. Report back….

50a to charge an EV, it’s not a small load

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                            He's right, ya know....
                            But, it's our own fault....
                            And water !! is next...
                            We should have been building Nukes, and reserviours for the last
                            30 years...
                            You try and build either one and people Pitch a fit. “ Not in my back yard” but when their energy company starts sending them billed
                            For hundreds of dollars later this year they will wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              50a to charge an EV, it’s not a small load
                              Yup! Way more than a 3 ton A/C which may pull as much as 16A @ 240v
                              Similar to a large clothes dryer or electric oven running on high for several hours. And the thing about batteries is the older and more they are used the weaker they get and require more frequent charging. Think cell phone battery. How long does a charge last on your cell phone battery after its a couple years old?

Comment

Working...
                              X